~Chapter 2~

"Dream! Tommy! Techno come with me! I need you to follow me upstairs so we can get Dream into a bed! Hurry up!" Philza commanded as he ran up to the teen who was now kneeling down right in front of the door, the blonde breathing erratically as he looked down at the ghost. Dream wasn't moving and Tommy was starting to panic even more. He knew he was a ghost but Tommy couldn't help but worry. His heart was racing as his mind tried to figure out how to process things. The winged man was quick to take the ghost from Tommy's arms though, rushing him upstairs while Techno ran after him. Tommy couldn't hear what Phil was yelling, the only thing he was able to hear being static. But the two soon disappeared into one of the many rooms upstairs, Tommy just sitting there on the ground watching them leave.

Instead of leaving to go check on Dream, Wilbur was quick to float to his brother's side. He knew how Tommy's mind could be. Even if the blonde at some points could be very self confident and very loud. Things have changed and probably not for the better.The boy was easily set off by things and Wilbur was always there to help out. It didn't matter if he was dead or alive. He put both of his hands on Tommy's shoulders, trying to get Tommy to snap out of whatever trance he was in. Wilbur noticed how dull Tommy's eyes looked and frowned. He knew that Tommy could hide his emotions and everything, but his eyes gave away how he was really feeling. When he was sad his eyes would turn as dark as the ocean, when happy his eyes were as bright as the clear sky. Tommy quickly turned around to hug Wilbur, even if the ghost was a little cold. He clutched at Wilbur's yellow sweater as soon as the ghost became fully tangible, trying to hide his tears.

"He's going to be alright Tommy... Philza and Techno are going to take care of him. Do you know what happened to Dream? Knowing what happened can help them heal him quicker. Techno and Phil probably have everything they need to help him," Wilbur said and Tommy slowly pulled away from the hug, nodding as he took in deep breaths. He even counted down from ten a few times, that being a good way to help call him down. The ghost just kept rubbing Tommy's back to provide some sort of comfort, not really knowing what to do. After they sat and Tommy took the time to breathe, Wilbur spoke again. "Tommy... Take your time alright? You need to breathe so you can tell me what's wrong... Count down from ten to one like you always do alright? You're going to be ok," Wilbur explained as he breathed with large and loud breaths, Tommy copying the ghost almost immediately.

"I was just asking him a question- Did I do something wrong? D-Did I say something wrong? He wanted to know Wilbur- H- He just wanted to know something about the past- Should I have lied to him-? Was lying to him a better option? Would he have known I had lied? But like- Lying is bad and I don't want to do that anymore- Wilbur- I- I just- I don't know what I'm doing-" Tommy stuttered out and Wilbur was quick to hold his brother tighter. He held Tommy's head against his chest, letting the blonde cry onto him. Tommy sobbed and sobbed to his heart's content, the floodgates bursting open. Wilbur didn't care how much Tommy cried onto his chest and burned him, he was willing to help his brother no matter what. He had failed Tommy once and he refused to fail Tommy again. After a while the blonde finally calmed down, Wilbur sitting there on the ground with his brother.

"I promise... You didn't do anything wrong... You haven't done anything wrong and you did the best you could. You did the best that you could do and I promise you that it's enough, Tommy. Even if you think you're in the wrong I promise you that you're not... You did what you could to help Dream remember alright? You're doing good Tommy. You're doing just fine and your family and friends love you for you. I promise," Wilbur said as he tried to sooth the blonde in his arms, Tommy soon breaking once again. Even after composing himself he broke into sobs. He cried and cried once again, gripping onto his brother tighter. Tommy cried for a bit before his sobs turned into light sniffling. "You've done your best and only your best up to this point in your life... I know your heart will tell you what to do... And I know that decision will be the best decision," Wilbur said as he closed his eyes for just a second. Tommy closed his eyes as well as he took in another deep breath, slowly calming down second after second. They just listened to the fire in the living room crackle and Friend's soft breathing fill the room around them. They both felt warm in each other's embrace.