Chapter Nine :: Mightyroar

Mightyroar, RedRunner, Feather, and Princesses Aurorablaze and Faith all barged into the royal RainWing pavilion.

     Queen Glory, who was patting an uncertain-looking Princess Flower on the head, glanced up at the party of five. She raked the two Princesses with her emerald eyes for a few heartbeats before asking, "Well?"

     Princess Faith opened her mouth to speak when her sister spoke up.

    "Umm.. their school's Art Teacher was sexually harassing Faith.." Princess Aurorablaze murmured quietly.

    "Pardon?" the Queen asked, furrowing her brow. Did she just say what I think she just said? the Queen wondered. The rest of the group stared at Mightyroar. The Mindreader covered Princess Aurorablaze with one of his starry wings, Deathbringer immediately poking out from around the corner to glare at him as he did so.

    "Noni the RainWing, Art Teacher of Kyte's Academy for SkyWings and SandWings, was sexually harassing Princess Faith," Mightyroar repeated louder. The King and Queen both gaped at them, then at Princess Faith. The jade-green and black hybrid reluctantly nodded in conformation.

    "Mangrove," Queen Glory ordered, instantly in gear. The RainWing stood up straight.

    "Already on it, Your Majesty," he promised practically throwing himself out of the door.

    "I'll go find Kyte and inform her," Deathbringer offered, also darting out of the hut. The Queen nodded before turning to their group again.

    "You two," she pointed at RedRunner and Feather, "Go wait at the platform where you arrived for further instruction from Kyte." They quickly agreed, leaping out of the hut into the air.

    "Faith, you can stay here if you'd like," Queen Glory offered, spreading her wings welcomingly. She must not have noticed that she accidentally hit Princess Flower in the face with one of her wings, because she didn't respond. Grrr.. the young Princess's mind growled ominously.

    "No, I'll help search. I was the one he tried to..." she paused, gulping.

    "That is fine too. Please be safe," Glory granted, wingtips fading into a shade of light blue. After Princess Faith left, the Queen's gaze finally landed on Mightyroar and Aurorablaze. The black-purple NightWing quickly retracted his wing, blushing slightly.

    "And you two, you must go find a safe place. You, Mightyroar? I will allow you to live in the Rainforest alongside the RainWings and other NightWings as long as you are willing to abandon your old life," the Queen reasoned. Mightyroar blinked. Yes!

    "Of course, I would be honored," he replied calmly, bowing slightly.

     He and the Princess dove out of the pavilion, soaring above the ocean of trees. They were side by side, even going so far as to brush each other's wingtips every now and then.

     He sheepishly glanced over at her, becoming lost in her dazzling, green eyes. He couldn't stop thinking of how gorgeous she was, even at the risk that she was a Mindreader, like him (though he hadn't seen any evidence of it in her mind).

    "Oh! I know a place where we could go!" she exclaimed, suddenly shifting her course to the right. Mightyroar followed close behind her.

     He had also noted that she was louder, more excited, more confident around him, as if they had been friends for years instead of hours. He was confused at first why she trusted him so quickly, but she just replied with the incredibly unhelpful and vague statement, "All will make sense in due time."

     After a few minutes, the trees began thinning out into a grassy plains. According to Mightyroar's calculations, they were somewhere between the Rainforest and Jade Mountain.

     The Princess glided down and landed softly on the grass. As soon as he landed behind Aurora, she ran up to him, grabbing his talons and twirling around in the pastures. Mightyroar went along with it, just happy to have some alone time with her.

     They had been dancing and frolicking around the field for awhile now, and they just happen to be practicing a slow dance that she had tried to teach him when she she suddenly flinched with pain and went limp.

    "Wait, AURORABLAZE!" he protested. Mightyroar, not knowing what to do and panicking in the moment, caught her on his shoulder. He blushed before quickly laying her down on the grass.

     When she opened her eyes again, they were glowing white. Mightyroar, very concerned, focused in on what was going on in her mind, and he was shocked at what he saw. She was having a vision!

     In her vision, he saw two dragonets, one a golden yellow SkyWing with a few dark grey stripes on her face and wings, and a young NightWing dragonet with dark purple scales and silver eyes sitting next to each other by a window in a cave. They knew each other, being best friends, none the less. The SkyWing was crying while the NightWing was trying to comfort her.

     "Don't worry Canary, Scarlett didn't know she was hurting your feelings," the NightWing insisted. Canary sniffled.

    "Are you so sure about that, Plum?" she inquired, glancing at her friend with eyes as blue as the sky. Just like Feather's... Mightyroar noted suspiciously.

     The purple dragonet- Plum -looked into her friend's eyes, unsure.

    "I-" she stopped as another dragonet approached.

    "Oh, hey Skye," Plum greeted the newcomer. Skye happened to be another SkyWing, this one a very bright fire red.

    "What's up with her?" Skye asked, gazing at Canary. Plum looked away, rubbing the back of her neck.

    "Scarlett did it again.." she admitted.

    "Did what again? That bastard has done too many wrong things to keep into account," Skye snorted, sitting next to the purple NightWing.

    "Don't insult her with profanity!" Canary protested, another tear rolling down her grey-striped cheek. The purple dragonet quickly glanced around to check if the coast was clear before leaning in to whisper something in Skye's ear.

    "She pulled a Fierceteeth, and threatened to kill Canary if so didn't do..." she trailed off. Skye, clearly seeing where the story was going, widened her eyes.

    "Wow, that's bad. Like, really bad. You need to get out of that relationship, cous'," the red SkyWing commented, clearly concerned.

    "It's not as simple as you make it out to be..." Canary responded, letting out another sob.

     Suddenly, Mightyroar was vaulted violently from the Princess's head to the point where he physically fell over. He let out a surprised yelp as he hit the ground, but quickly sat back up when he realized Aurora was coming to her senses.

    "I'm alright," she insisted, answering his question before he asked it. He closed his mouth beginning to think about what he had just witnessed. If Aurora can see the future, that was one of the possible outcomes in the in it. Who were those dragonets? Do they exist right now, or are they not born yet? AND BY ALL THE MOONS, MOTHER NEVER THREATENED TO KILL ANYONE! ..Did she..?