Chapter Ten :: Mightyroar

Four Years Later

     Mightyroar and Aurorablaze continued to meet there, through all the years of bullshit and long after the dragonets from the field trip had left.

     The purplish-black NightWing had found a well-paying job as a fruit harvester. He was eventually able to save up enough scales to buy himself an amazing hut to live in.

     And though he found a content enough life, Aurorablaze being his girlfriend and moving in with him, and how he found a suitable job, they still continued to meet in that sacred field that they held dear in their hearts.

     That was, until one day, Aurora failed to show up.

     Mightyroar sat on a rock waiting, repeatedly tapping his foot on the fluffy grass. She usually shows up by now... he thought to himself in the silence. I wonder what's holding her up.

     He waited through a few more minutes of silence. Nothing.

    "Maybe she just had some royal business to attend to or something," he tried, but deep down he had a sinking feeling. In the pit of his stomach, he felt that something wasn't right.

     Princess Aurorablaze was never late to one of their meetings. Never. Remembering this is what drove him off the edge of nervous worrying into panic mode.

     He leaped up off of the rock and began pacing worried circles on the soft grass. He let his mind sink into the darkest of possibilities of why she wasn't here.

     What if she was targeted and brutally slaughtered by an assassin and/or murderer and I wasn't there to save her? What if she was kidnapped by hybrid haters, or any dragon, really, and was being tortured?! HOLY MOONS, WHAT IF SHE WAS RAPED?!?!??!? he thought gasping. ...Okay.. so not the most likely outcomes, but still.

    "I- I've to find her," the NightWing decided faintly, launching into the air. He flew above the Rainforest, glancing frantically at any breaks in the thick trees, resisting the urge to call out his girlfriend's name.

     Landing on the platform in front of the Royal Hut, Mightyroar darted inside, ignoring the complaints from the RainWings already in line.

    "Is Aurora here?" he asked the Queen breathlessly. Queen Glory glanced up at him from the RainWing she was currently speaking with with a confused expression.

    "...She's not with you?" she questioned, stiffening her wings.

    "I haven't seen her since earlier today," he admitted. The RainWing and NightWing Queen sighed, calling on a group of RainWings.

    "Juniper, Papaya, Goldenrod, and Grape," she ordered. Immediately, four RainWings melted into view. Juniper was dark green and black with dull rainbow colors lining some of his scales. Papaya was mostly dark green with hints of lighter green, yellow, tan, and pink in her scales. Goldenrod, as her name suggests, was a golden-yellow color with a lighter yellow underbelly and light brown zigzags going down her back. And last but not least, Grape was a grumpy dark purple RainWing with flecks of angry red at the end of some of her scales.

    "Yes, Your Majesty?" they all asked formally.

    "I need you all to search for my daughter, Princess Aurorablaze. You all know what she looks like, so just get to it," Glory ordered before they dove out of the hut.

    "It is dealt with," the Queen announced, turning her gaze back on Mightyroar. The NightWing scratched his talon nervously.

    "Well.. I'm going to go look for her as well just to be sure..." he stated, also leaving the hut.