Chapter 5 - What Kent they do?

Damian panicked. The news had reached the media. In his state of shock, he ran to Bruce's office to see if the video can be taken down.

Big Mistake!
For on the way to the Head Office, the Jumbo television in the company cafeteria, displayed the news in high definition to the whole WE staff.

"There is an update. The killer calls herself Lady Justice and has left a note on the wall. The weapon of murder happens to be a pair of scissors. For more updates, stay tuned to Gotham Gazette."

Damian reached his father's office, only to find Bruce, Dick and Barbara already gathered there, in a heated argument.

"Tt. What is going on?" Damian asked, trying to deflate the tension.
"As you can see son," Bruce started, "The news is out."

"I knew this would happen," Dick lamented his hand furiously rubbing his temples, "Just not this soon."

"How did they even find out?" Damian asked.

"That's not important," Bruce said, "We need to start the investigation sooner. Damian, call Jon, we need his help for this one."

Damian whined, "No! Kent is like an irritating fly."

At Dick exasperated stare, Damian relented and went into contact with his only friend.

"OK," Bruce started, "We'll start by taking the afternoon off to fill up the Pin Board."

The trio nodded and quickly made their way home, once Damian called Jon.

__________________________________________________

They drove back to the mansion as fast as they could, but what surprised them was to see Jon sitting at the steps of the Manor, with a phone in his hand.

"What? Did you fly here or something?" Damian asked sarcastically.

"Dami," he greeted excitedly, completely ignoring his sarcasm, "What help did you need?"

"You know the case about Lady Justice?" Damian asked, slightly irritates by the nickname, and on seeing him nod, answered, "As the self-proclaimed best detectives in the world, we need to solve it. And we need your super senses. We will have to rely on pictures to solve the case."

Jon looked at him, curiously, "You mean Pin board?" He asked.
"Yes Pin board," he confirmed.

By the time the pair exchanged greetings and other pleasantries, albeit reluctantly on Damian's part, Bruce, Dick and Barbara were already in the Bat cave.

The Pin Board was on the wall.
Barbara had already pinned up the map of Gotham, general details of the crime and the message on the walls, all which Tim had effectively printed out overnight.

"First of all," Dick started, "The news is out, what do we do?"
"Nothing," Bruce stated.

"What do you mean, nothing? Shouldn't we, I don't know, ask Tim to take down the news?" Dick argued.

"By now more than half the world would have seen it, its pointless," Bruce defended.

"But wouldn't it increase the pressure on us to solve it?" Damian asked.

"It would increase the pressure on police forces to solve it," Barbara confirmed, "And we can't really solve a case with just pictures, right? So I'm hoping the public backlash would be in our favour and pressurize the government to get the vigilantes involved."

The group silently agreed to the sentiment.

Bruce stared at the board, his hands crossed over his chest.
"So the killer chose an abandoned shack as her place of crime," he started off, "Why do you think?"