Interrogation

EDWARD P.O.V.

When you're young, they tell you to grow up. When you're all grown up, they say you're still a child and that you don't know anything. It's a hard cookie to chew and even harder to swallow. I've come to acknowledge and understand the evils of this world. I can handle it. I'm not quite sure I can say the same for my brother. Liam. My younger brother who I've watched grow up. From the moment he was born, I could tell along with my family that he was something extraordinary. High intelligence, outmatched strength, multiple capabilities. The list could go on and on. Every stage of his life, he showed something new. In doing so, my younger brother received many eyes. From the people, wolf packs, the royal family, and most importantly our father, the King. I remember when the heir to the throne was decided, everything changed completely. Many opinions and voices tried to get my father to reconsider his decision. At the time, it was absurd to announce that the one who would take the throne and become the alpha of the pack would be Liam. It was the day after Liam had been born into the world, that father made it known. An uproar would be putting it lightly of how members of the pack reacted.

But it's normal, I suppose. People are always going to have an opinion on anything. Father would not hear of it as his mind had been made up, and so, the moment Liam turned eighteen, he had his Alpha ceremony, and then the new alpha of Solar Moon took over. Out of all the King's children, his fourth born was seen worthy. Till this day, no one shows opposition to Liam being the alpha. No one dares to state their opinion anymore. Perhaps it's the fact they don't want to shame the King on his decision. Well, anyone would be foolish to do that regardless of how they feel but I can understand their concerns. Out of all the members in the Knight family, one was chosen to be gifted the greatest honor. We all have come to the understanding. It would be unsightly for the people to see how we feel openly. Alas, no family is perfect, and some things should stay between family.

My standing with the choice was never anything bad. However, once upon a time, I begged my father to reconsider his choice. For someone who was 3 years old at the time, it surprised him, but make no mistake that was not a child speaking. Even though I was so young, I had a reason for doing so. Just like all my siblings, I cared for Liam. I never wanted to know that one day he would have to bear the burden of hundreds if not more people someday. Being an alpha is never easy, and I wanted my father to see that. He heard my words as I relayed them for years, but once the King makes up his mind, his decision is set in stone. I gave up on the idea long before Liam turned eighteen. As I watched my younger brother go, I saw him become the man he is today. He's just like our father, hardworking, intelligent, and a good leader. He'll lead this pack well; I'm sure of it.

However, the hardest part is seeing him work himself top hard. I know the reason behind it. He wants to prove himself to others. Our father. Our family. The pack. Several packs. Maybe even the damn world. As I watch him from the corner of my eye as he's in the driver's seat, he has a blank face as he drives. It's like he's in another different world. With the whole destruction of part of the pack, he's been working trying to fix it all. Most of that had to deal with figuring many things out. Although he's had help with it, the dark circles on his eyes tell me he's an independent adult but still a disobedient child. Sometimes a big brother has to step in. We're on our way to the station as we received intel that they found the culprit. If rumors are true, apparently this wolf is a monster and bigger than the average wolf. I have to see for myself if such a thing is possible. It's time to see what we're dealing with here.

~

ROSALIA P.O.V.

A bright room is the last place I want to be right now. I felt better off in the cell, as bad as that sounds. This room feels colder than the last. The interrogation room. I stare down at my hands as I'm unable to face what's in front of me. A man is sitting on the other side of the table with an empty chair beside him. It was only twenty minutes ago the woman brought me here. I assume she'll come back and the verbal torture will begin. Until then, I'm not looking at this guy. I need all the time I can to mentally and physically brace myself but it's not helping since I was brought in chains. Not cuffs. Chains. There are chains around my wrists and ankles. Only when I had to follow the woman did I realize how heavy they were. So I'm grateful that I'm finally seated so I can rest. It still feels like my arms and legs might rip off if I move with these chains again.