Chapter 2 - Drove through the suburbs

We drove around the city until dawn. It was a very wonderful bonding of us last night.

Just like my friends' reactions yesterday, my employees was also shocked when they saw me stepped out the driver's seat. They cheered and cogratulate me for getting my license and a new car.

"Ma'am Hailey, you have a call from Mr. Lee's secretary. About their proposal." Ellie, my secretary said.

I rolled my eyes. "Again?? Can't they understand that I don't want to associate with them?? Specifically to their boss???" I sighed in frustration.

"Okay boss! I'll inform his secretary." I smiled and then nodded at her. "Btw, I already ordered your lunch."

"Ugh! Thank you, Ellie. You're such an angel!"

"And because of that give me a raise okay?" I laughed at her request. I let her speak to me that way cuz we're pretty close. "Okay lemme leave you here, i'll go call that secretary of him and make sure that they will not call again." She said and the rolled her eyes. Even she doesn't like that Lee guy.

I thanked her again before she really left. She has been my secretary from the very first start that I am building this company of mine. She's not just a secretary to me, she became my friend and family.

When the food Ellie ordered for me came, I ate it immediately and the I busied my self because I'll be having a 2 week leave. I'm pretty confident that my company will survive with or without me. And also Ellie's here to supervise. I usually do this  2 weeks leave every year since he left...

Nope! Nope Hailey! we're not going there now.

Thankfully the intercom rang. "Boss! Telephone. Karen."

I immediately pressed the line.

"Hello?"

"Hey you! Wanna go with us later? Bar."

"Nah! I'm busy"

"Oh come on Miss President! You're so kj!"

"I'll be gone for two weeks that's why I need to finish this paperworks today so as not to bother Ellie too much."

"Oh! it's the time of the year?" I hummed in respone. "Fine! but, make sureto come with us next time!"

"I will! Keepsafe you girls! Hit me up if something happens! love yah!"

"kk! love yah!"

I went back to what I am doing after the call ended. I still have a lot of papers to read and sign!

Gosh! My head is throbbing because of this so many paperworks. Plus those persistent investors who wants to have partnership with us, just like that Mr. Lee. I didn't even noticed that I fell asleep. I just woke up when someone knocked.

"Enter" I said while yawning.

"Did you just woke up boss?" I nodded "Aren't you going home yet? It's pretty late."

I looked outside and it's really dark already and then I looked back at my desk. "I'll just finish this few others. Are you out already???" she nodded. "Okay, keepsafe."

"You too boss! Drive safely!"

"Thanks!"

We wave our goodbyes to each other and then I continued what i am doing.

I was still studying when I started building this business. It wasn't really this big before. I started with me, myself, as the only employee I have until I graduated. Slowly, I had persons who help me and here I am now.