Chapter 4 - How could I ever love someone else?

I woke up with the rays of sun hitting my beautiful face. Ugh! I forced myself to get up. My head is throbbing.

Fuck that red wine!

After a couple of forehead massaging, I've decided to go down to have some coffee for my hangover. I went to the garden to have some sunlight.

"Hailey! When did you get home??" my neighbor, Mrs. Perez, said from the other side.

"Mrs. Perez! Goodmorning! I arrived last night."

"I told you just call me Aunt Venice. Come over, have lunch with us. Vincent will be coming home today also."

"Ahm,—"

"—I'm not taking no for an answer, Hailey. I barely seen you here so come on."

I rub the back of my neck because of what she said. "Okay."

She smiled sweetly. "Yey! I'll be expecting you later! Okay, I'll get going."

I shook my head while smiling. My neighbors are so nice at me. They looked after me when the accident happened. Most specially Mrs. Perez and her family. They were a very close friend of my parents. I remember me and Haiden being playmate with Vincent when we were kids. I also remember him just popping out of nowhere with a food that her mom cooked. Their fam really helped us big time.

While enjoying the sun I've decided to call Ellie.

"Hello El?"

"Hey boss!"

"Just checking on you and the company."

"Tsk tsk! Just to remind you, Hailey, you're kn leave. Don't mind the company. Just sit back and relax there. I'll call when there's a problem so don't you worry too much!"

Whenever i'm on leave, she calls me Hailey. Most specially when she's scolding me for worrying too much.

"I'm getting bored and it's not even a whole day of not working. What more for 2 weeks??" I ranted. "What if, I'll just came back?"

"No. No. No. Triple no for you. You need this. There's a lot of things to do Hailey. Go out, shop all you want, roll over your big house." I laughed at her antics. She's really crazy just like Mon. "I'm telling you Hailey. Enjoy your leave please! Okay bye! Unlike you I have do many things to do! ciao!"

Did she just dropped the call on me??? If only she's not my favorite secretary, she would've been fired for a long time now hahahah.

After I finished my coffee, I went back inside to took a shower. When I'm done I blow dried my hair then I went down to stay on the living room. But, couple of minutes passed I became bored so I just walk around the house. I was about to go down to the basement when my doorbell rang.

"Wait!!!"

When I opened the door a man was standing there with his back at me. I tapped his shoulder to call his attention.

"Hey mister??" i asked politely as possible.

I stood there staring at him when he faced me. I don't recognize this handsome face. Who is he??

"Hi." he smiled and that made him more handsome.

"Who are you?? Do I know you?"

"Ouch! it hurts." my eyebrows creased. What is he saying? He even dramatically held his chest. "You hurt my feelings, kitten."

When I heard that pet name my eyes grew big. There's only one person who calls me kitten.

"Vincent???!" He smiled widely. Damn! so handsome! "Is it really you??? that thin as a stick kid before????"