Chapter Twenty-three: The Last

Author's Note

Mwahahahaha I apologize but this is the last chapter XD sorry for not telling I just want to surprise (or rather to shock) you guys yknow hahahaha :pv

*****

Sakura’s POV

        After a few days, I was finally able to get out of the hospital, and work once again. I could say that meeting Sasori was a great coincidence at our last mission. He was able to open my eyes on some things, and I was able to do the exact same.

        “…Laxus Dreyar, huh?” I mumbled under my breath as I continued reading my favorite illustrated novel manga, Fairy Tail, here at the Konoha Main Library. “Crap! Natsu versus Laxus?!”

        “Laxus was an artificial Dragon Slayer,”

        I averted my gaze in front and saw the librarian, Akashi. I was regularly going here during these past few days so he already knows me. I grimaced and frowned, “YOU SPOILER!”

        He chuckled and sat near me. I examined the Library, there was no one except us. “Well, Fairy Tail’s one of my favorite illustrated mangas. I’m a hundred percent sure that I still memorize what happened in Natsu and Laxus’ battle.”

        I sighed, “Since you spoiled me, tell me what happened to their battle then.”

        Akashi smiled, “Natsu defeated Laxus. But before that, he found out that Laxus was a Dragon Slayer. So in the end, Natsu decided to ask Master Macarov, Laxus’ grandfather, how his grandchild became like him. Natsu was also a dragon slayer, so he was very interested why Laxus was able to be one, too. However, Macarov told Natsu that Laxus wasn’t what he think he is. He was not a dragon slayer. Well, he might be technically but he’s a new generation. When he was young, his father, Ivan, decided to put lighting lacrimas in his body when he was a kid to make him grew strong and have an amazing magic. Ivan thought that Laxus was weak, that is why he did that. Laxus Dreyar is partly a dragon slayer, but a new generation, while Natsu is the old generation—which he was taught by a real dragon.”

        My frown faded slowly as I absorbed what Akashi told me.

        I smiled bitterly at the thought.

      Me and Laxus were actually the same. We were weak while we were still young. We both needed other people to guide and help us become powerful.

        “Amazing story, right?” Akashi asked.

        “Yeah.”

        In the end, I decided to go back to the hospital to work. I went out of the Library. I tried to take away the mere thought of Laxus Dreyar’s story, but it was obvious that no matter how I tried to remove it in my mind, the more I decided to seek his past.

We were really the same.

***

 Konoha Hospital, 9:30PM

        “Sakura-san, you should go home now, I can manage,” Shizune said as she continued to fix the laboratory coats at the ground floor.

        “Are you sure?” I asked.

        “Yes, I’m 100% sure.” She smiled.

        I nodded and decided to leave. While walking, I saw a familiar face that made my heart flutter.

        Flutter.