I Hate You, Right?

"Shut up Deku, don't you have somewhere else to go cry?"

"I don't know idiot, don't you got some more oxygen to digest? The more you talk, the hungrier you'll get."

"That's enough, you two! This behavior is reprehensible as heroes, can't you two get along?!" Iida robotically waved his hands, as the One for All hero Izuku Midoriya and Zero Gravity hero Ochaco Uraraka simply "hmph", returning to their seats.

"Sorry Iida, but tell that useless Deku over there to mind his business, before I grab Bakugo to put him in his place. "

"Hey, you bastards! Leave me out of it. It's much more entertaining watching. Deku barely acted like this in middle school, don't know who the hell he learned this from." Most, if not all of Class 1-A, unanimously knew Bakugo was a main problem. Indirectly or directly, he's been a bad influence on Izuku's behavior.

Surprisingly, the two students wasn't completely mean. Towards others, they were sweet and innocent, but in the vicinity of each other or even at the mention of a name, they would lash at each other's throats like starving dogs. The only time they could cooperate was during hero missions and team exercises, where their pure hatred regarding one another would push them to do better for bragging rights.

"Leave Kacchan out of this, but it's understandable since you need other people to win your battles for you." Some members of the class "ohhh" in response, instigating all the way. Izuku's retorts could be related to his time spent with Bakugo, but he could be pretty quick-witted himself.

"Says the person who breaks his bones after every match." Ochaco could hear a few girls saying "True" in the background. To be honest, she remembered quite clearly where their rivalry began.

After destroying a huge robot, Ochaco slapped Izuku just in time to save him. He laid unconscious, until Recovery Girl came over and healed most of his wounds. He woke up on the stretcher, looking over to see Ochaco.

"Thank you for saving me, but you should have ran when you got the opportunity, what if you got hurt?"

This puzzled Ochaco, causing her to exclaim, "There's no way I was going to leave you behind after what you just did! A little more gratitude would be sufficient!"

Delirious, he continued, "I am grateful, truly. But I would have felt worse if I couldn't save you!"

Ochaco blushed slightly. She didn't even know this kid's name, but he had a heroic spirit. But... "If you think for a second I wouldn't have helped, then you don't belong here. Sacrificing yourself doesn't make you a true hero."

And that began the long train of being enemies. Did it start off over something petty? Yes. But due to countless arguments afterwards and Izuku's selfless nature, she couldn't stand how much he didn't care for himself, sometimes he would rush in without thinking first. That stupid attitude was going to get him killed, and honestly, although she thought he was kinda cute and strong, she wasn't going to be there to save him.

Izuku felt the same. He could recognize her power from their first team exercise, though they barely won because they kept debating on the right plan of action. She had an earnest heart, one he admired and was quite attracted to, but he couldn't agree on not taking action when needed. That's why after they rescued Bakugo, the chastising got worse. Both of them were too stubborn yet caring to accept defeat, so neither was willing to hold back. He may have also spent too much time with Bakugo, his nervousness stopped and he became more blunt.

"Says the person who couldn't handle a highschool girl with a knife."

"Says the person who couldn't save his 'friend' the first time."