I'M NOT JEALOUS!

Who needs sleep anyways? Not me.

"Midoriya, you broke another pencil."

Izuku snapped out of his thoughts, looking down to see what's left of the fifth pencil today. He sighed, as Todoroki casually passed him another pencil across the lunch table. "You'll probably dodge the question, but I'll ask again: Is everything alright?"

Izuku looked at his close companion, who awaited his answer with endearing eyes. "Truthfully, I wish I could answer that. But I honestly don't know how I'm feeling, which is even more aggravating to me."

Todoroki nodded, as he continue slurping on his cold soba. After a few moments, he said, "Well, it goes without saying, but I'm here if you need anything."

Izuku smiled halfheartedly. "Thank Todoroki," he replied, turning back to his notebook and glancing across the cafeteria. His eyes naturally landed on his brunette "friend", who was talking to some upperclassman while chatting with some of his classmates. Several guys surrounded her, and from his perspective, she seemed to be enjoying it.

A little bit too much for his liking.

'But why should that concern me?' He sighed, closing his notebook. 'She's a woman who can make her own choices, whatever she do, I should support her. Even if it means talking to other guys...and they all take a liking to her too well...'

"Midoriya, you're muttering again." Izuku groaned in response, placing his head on the table. Todoroki kept slurping his noodles, now having slightly more details on his friend's dilemma.

"I think I'm going for a walk, I'll talk to you later Todoroki." The half-hot half-cold boy nodded, watching his friend leave the cafeteria.

Izuku stepped outside, taking a deep breath. The spring air was refreshing, the sun beaming through the crowds. Clouds lazily rolled by, many students sat outside talking over future goals or last night's homework. The distant conversations didn't register with Izuku, he felt a disturbance in his heart he haven't felt before.

Izuku knew how amazing Ochaco was, he could list off many qualities about her and her quirk without even glancing at his notebook. The impression she left with her bubbly attitude and cheerful smile could sway even the toughest of villains. At least, that's how he felt. Being her friend was a privilege to him, he couldn't imagine life without her.

With that being said, it was those same heroics that turned a lot of heads. Her popularity skyrocketed almost immediately. It first started when she was the tough girl who didn't back down from Bakugo during the tournament, to working alongside the Dragoon Hero Ryukyu and Nejire, who already been nominated as one of the most beautiful girls in school.

Needless to say, he didn't like the attention.

But he couldn't quite understand why. He'd admit in a heartbeat that he cared for Ochaco, but he haven't felt something like this before. A carnal desire to protect and hold her, his blood always began boiling with the idea of her with someone else. Yet, should he feel that way? She wasn't an object, he couldn't own her. Whatever choice she made, she was entitled to it. And he wasn't. At all. End of discussion.

'...right?' He placed his hand on his chest, growling in frustration at how fast his heart was racing. "Maybe I should ask someone about this, but who? This doesn't seem like All Might's forte." He had the utmost respect for his mentor, but even he knew that it would most likely be a dead end.

He casually walked towards the dorms, deciding to lay down for a bit. As he enters 1-A's living room. he notices his childhood friend and rival Bakugo, busy texting on his phone.