Author's Note

I did touch up on some serious things in this last chapter, and I think that more attention should be called for this. I've been trying to raise sh awareness and all my attempts at this have been failing. As a person who is currently suffering from this, I think that you should definitely check up on the people around you. I recently got kicked out of my support group for being "too happy". It may seem that way, but trust me, it isn't. My life isn't at all like what people think. I was clean for about 20 days and I relapsed yesterday. Sh isn't just cutting though. I used to do sh without realizing it when I was younger. Things like punching myself and biting myself purely for the reason that I had been "punishing" myself for screwing up again. You don't need to have scars to be doing sh. I think part of this might have been because I have anger issues too :\ My mom had tried to help me cope with anger before about a year ago, but that was really hard for me but I'm getting better at it. I said this in the intro chapter, but I do base some of my characters off of myself. Y/n is the current me who isn't feeling herself and just feeling sad and disconnected from the outside world. Lin (Who you will meet in the next chapter) is the happy side that I put on for others, and Dream is the angrier one who doesn't know how to cope with anger. He really believes he is doing everything for the right reason and thinks that everything he does is right. The rest are based off of my friends from school and/or the canon Dream SMP characters. I have had thoughts about committing before, and I thought it would be quite inappropriate to put in that she has attempted when I haven't in real life. I wouldn't want to write about anything like this when it hasn't happened. I honestly think that writing angst gets awkward if the author is all happy and has never gone through something like this before. I honestly think at that point it becomes hypocrisy (sorry I can't think of the word) because they think that they know but they really don't. It's not at all how you think it is so please if you haven't gone through this before then please please please don't say things like "I know how it feels." You really don't. Also don't say things like "Your scars are fading" or "You started eating again." I understand that you have good intentions but sh can be really competitive and if their scars are fading and you point it out then they will cut them again. It may not even be your fault sometimes though. If they see someone with deeper scars then they will cut, and it's not something we can really control either. So I guess moral of the story is, check up on your friends, no matter how happy they seem. I think my sister may be suffering from ed (which I am almost sure is a form of sh) so please if you think someone is not okay then go confront them, which is something I will be doing too.

Ily <3

-Keya