Part 2

A/N: Chapter names? Never heard of it. ALSO how many of you caught the Milo Murphy's Law reference?

TW: Blood?

"Dream you can't just storm into their nation and command that they hand over the discs. That's not how life works and it never will." 

I was surprised at myself. If you had told me that I would be speaking like this just a few hours ago, I wouldn't have believed you. Never mind even saying it to Dream. I could hardly look into his eyes! 

"Yeah well THEIR nation is on MY land. All of this," he says gesturing to the space around us, "belongs to me. Every piece of dirt, grain of sand. I brought this place up from nothing. None of this would have even existed without me. I made it and it's mine." 

Using his rant as a distraction, I brought the pickaxe that he had dropped earlier down onto his shin. He had expected this and had his knife out. 

I felt a searing pain in my side and looked down at the wound. There was a 5 inch gash with blood oozing out of it quickly. I had to get somewhere to bandage this before I lost more blood. I covered it with my hand just as he was about to slash once more. I dodged it and ran. I didn't know where, but I just kept running. I ran far away. Farther than I had ever known possible. Whatever happened, I didn't stop running. 

I could hear him gaining on me close behind. Suddenly the adrenaline kicked in and I ran faster than ever. I heard him stop with a final shout. 

"You'll regret that. Someday, when everything is gone and I'm in control. You'll wish that you had never run. You'll be sorry." 

Those words did have an effect on me, just maybe not the one that he had hoped. It made me want to push through. I was going to come back as the strongest person they had seen, and I would save L'Manburg, or die trying. 

A/n: o7

I settled down on a nearby rock and looked through my bag. 

A/n: Look, I'm sorry. I know I said I wouldn't do this but just for a visual. If you don't like it then you can imagine anything you want but I meant a travel bag like this:

 If you don't like it then you can imagine anything you want but I meant a travel bag like this:

I'm cringing so much rn I'm sorry just look at this dnf fanart to make up for it

There was a spare T-Shirt which I could use as a bandage. I wrapped it around my arm and tied it in a tight knot. This would be good enough to stop the blood flow, temporarily. I can always fix it later. 

I decided it would be best to camp there. I was extremely tired and by the position of the sun, it was probably about 7 PM. 

Thank goodness I was always overprepared. I had a small blanket and pillow on me which I used as a makeshift bed. In my inventory I had food which would last me for a good amount of time. 

I drifted off to sleep not knowing where I was going and where I was. It gave me a bit of a thrill, I suppose. I was living my dream life. Maybe not the right circumstances, but I had always thought of leaving for a life like this. I guess every cloud does have a silver lining. 

Word Count: 598

A/N: Remember to drink water and get some sleep besties. Ily <3