Not Again

A/N: Flashback over. AAAAAH YOU GET TO MEET  THE DREAM POTATOES!

I woke up with a thud on the ground. I saw four unfamiliar faces looking down at me from above.

"Can I kill her?"

"AJ no. You don't even know who they are. If it's another one of Dream's spies then you can. Besides, you shouldn't assume what their pronouns are. They could be anything."

"Ok look Lin, I'm sorry. But you can't be too careful. Dream's gonna be looking for us and we need to prepare. We can't spend time interrogating each one."

A third voice chimes in. "How would we know if their a spy or not though? Killing innocent people would make us just as bad as Dream."

"I agree with Esperanza," says a fourth one. 

I sat up on the dirt and coughed more out. "Hello," I say, trying to seem as friendly as possible. 

There are three girls and one boy.  He has light skin and yellowish-blonde hair. If I'm going to be honest, he kinda looks like Spongebob. There is another girl who is also white. She is remarkably shorter than the boy, I assumed he was AJ, but still taller than the others. 

The shortest one has black hair and dark brown skin. She has silver circular glasses which remind me of Harry Potter. There is a slightly taller one who was an exact replica, except their glasses were different. 

"I- I'm Y/n," I say. I hope that introducing myself would release the tension in the air. 

The short one chirps happily in response. "Nice to meet you Y/n! I'm Lin, the one with the brown hair is Esperanza, the boy is AJ, and the one with black hair is Rain. We're the Dream Potatoes!" What kind of name was Dream Potatoes? 

"Dream Potatoes?" They look at each other, panicked. They're mouthing to each other about something. 

"Um, yeah." She responds. "It's kind of a long story. But follow us, we can lead you to a safe place."

I was about to get up to follow them, when I suddenly remembered what happened last time I heard that sentence. "Hey, it might be better if we stay here." Lin gives AJ an I told you so smirk. 

"No stress! Most of this area is pretty cool anyway." She sits down on the ground in front of me and motions for the others to do the same. We're sitting in a circle and AJ begins telling the story. 

"It was a dark and stormy night-"

"No it wasn't." Rain is looking at AJ like he was crazy. 

"Okay fine. It was a nice happy morning-"

This time it was Lin who interrupted. "It most definitely was not."

"Just let me finish the story!"

"I'm not going to let you finish if you suck at even starting a story!"

"I don't suck at it!"

"Are you hearing yourself right now?"

"Just shut the f- up!"

"Language!"

"Don't language me!"

"I can do whatever I want!"

"Then I can say f-!"

"No you can't!"

"Why not?"

"Just because!"

AJ and Lin went back and forth like this while Esperanza and Rain watched in delight. "We ship them together," Esperanza explains to me. I slowly nod my head, pretending to understand. "Anyway, if you were wondering, we used to be 'working' for Dream. We didn't fulfill his expectations so we ran away to avoid death. We still don't go back, for fear of his threat."

"We're still looking for a way out of this place," Rain continues. "It's been exactly 10 canon years today that we've been stuck here. So basically, 120 days in the real world." Did she just say the real world? 

Word Count: 638

A/N: I just wrote 2 chapters today. Ya'll better be happy. Drink water and remember to eat something luv <3