chapter six

mystery boy

The unknown guy stared at the sleeping girl, feeling a pang of sympathy for what she had just experienced. He knew it would likely leave her traumatized.

“Hello,” her doctor greeted the young man, who nodded politely and bowed slightly to the elder. “How is she?” he asked, concern evident in his voice as he glanced at her current condition.

“There’s nothing serious,” the doctor replied. “She just has a minor concussion and some bruises on her wrist and neck, but she’ll be alright.” He smiled and patted the younger man’s shoulder.

“Thank God,” the boy sighed in relief.

“If it weren’t for you, she could have sustained more serious injuries. Thank goodness you arrived just in time. Her family would love to meet the person who saved their daughter’s life,” the doctor continued, making the young man feel flattered and shy.

“I just happened to pass by when I heard her calling for help. Luckily, I was able to knock the man down; otherwise, she would have been in much greater danger because he was choking her,” he replied sadly, stealing glances at the girl beside him.

The guy had already spoken to the police, recounting what he had witnessed and assisting them in taking action regarding the incident.

“Are you quite busy?” the doctor asked suddenly, catching the young man off guard.

“U-uh, not really. Why?” he responded politely, still feeling a bit confused.

“Could you stay with her until her relatives arrive?” the doctor requested.

The boy hesitated for a moment before glancing back at her. “I would be glad to, but it’s getting late, and my sister is probably waiting for me at home,” he said reluctantly, he didn’t want her to wait too long.

“Alright, I understand. It’s true that a girl shouldn’t be alone, especially at night.” The doctor flashed him a sweet, reassuring smile.

“I also have to leave now,” he said, returning the smile and earning a light nod from the elder.
He took one last look at her peaceful sleeping figure before turning to leave.

There was something about Hea that seemed awfully familiar to him, but he couldn’t quite remember where he had seen her before.

He did know her name from her school ID, though. He made a mental note to remember it and perhaps find her again once she recovered.

On the other hand, her brother began to worry. It had been an hour since he last spoke to his sister, and she still wasn’t home. Worry began to creep in.

He tried calling her multiple times, but there was no answer.

Suddenly, his phone started ringing. He quickly answered it.

"Mom? Why did you call?"

"Jeongin-ah! Your sister is in the nearby hospital please come we're also on the way there"

"W-what!? Why is she okay?"

"We don't know yet sweetie just come quickly"