chapter two

storm

After a few days Hea felt a shift of events when her friends suddenly went M.I.A especially during their lunch breaks.

At first she thought it was because they're busy with something but then she overheard about the new girl that joined their class a few days ago.

What was her name again?  Hea thought

"I saw the new girl with Felix's circle. They look so cute all together" A passing girl said, ignoring Hea's presence.

She was curious and went to where the girl said she saw the group.

Upon closer look they're indeed in the soccer field, eating lunch.

"Tsk, and they didn't invite me?" She huffed, annoyed.

The girl was facing her back against Hea's view so she couldn't really see her face.

It felt like she's been removed from their memories. They even stopped meeting her after school.

𖹭

"We won't be doing anything for today, but I want to check on you about the presentation I assign you a few days ago." Ms. Pau announced.

Right, that project. I completely forgot about that. Hea said to herself

"Make sure to talk to your partners okay? It completed 10% of your grade for this semester" she said,

Hea felt trouble given the fact that Felix was her assigned partner and the fact that they had been ignoring her.

𖹭

The class had ended just a few minutes ago, and Hea was making her way to the gate to meet her friends. Seungmin had texted her a few hours earlier, asking her to join them.

Wow, they remember me now? Hea snorted to herself.

“Hea~” Seungmin called out, running toward her. This was new, Jisung usually greets her first.

"Hey, Seung,” she replied.

“Confused?” he asked, as if he could read her mind.

“Kind of,” she admitted with an awkward chuckle.

“The three were busy talking to someone, so I was the only one available to greet you,” he said, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Hea stared at him in confusion as he pointed out what he meant.

“That girl… Felix introduced her to us,” he shrugged as they approached the group.

“ah yeah, it’s the new girl from our class,” Hea mumbled loud enough for Seungmin to hear as she tried to familiarize herself with the girl’s face.

She still didn’t know her name, on the day she arrived, Hea had been late and missed the introduction.

“There you are!” Minho greeted her cheerfully.

“Hello,” Hea flashed them a small smile, but it quickly faded when Jisung excitedly chimed in, “We decided to hang out with our new friend! Let’s go?”

Her smile dropped entirely.

She thought it was going to be their time as five but turns out she's going too.