chapter seven

missing in action

Monday.

They were already at school, enjoying two hours of free time since all the teachers had an emergency meeting. Felix and the others decided to meet on the school field.

“Where’s Hea?” Jisung greeted them with a question.

“She didn’t come to school,” Felix shrugged, resting his head on Mirae’s shoulder.

“I think she’s upset with me,” Minho said as he sat down on the ground.

“What do you mean? Did you do something?” Seungmin asked.

“We were busy partying last night and I forgot that I promised to walk her home,” Minho sighed.

“I’ve been sending her texts, but she hasn’t answered. I feel bad.”

“What if something bad happened to her? She probably waited for you!” Jisung responded worriedly.

“Quit worrying about her, she can handle herself, can’t she? I’m pretty sure she’s just chilling at home right now,” Mirae chimed in, rolling her eyes.

“She texted me thirty minutes after her first message saying she had an emergency at home and left. I think she’s fine, maybe it’s just a personal reason,” Minho added.

“I’ll try to contact her,” Seungmin said as he stood up and walked away from where they were sitting.

They watched Seungmin as he held his phone close to his ear, trying to call her.

After five minutes, he returned with a frown. “She didn’t answer…”

“Why is she being so sulky? It’s so annoying,” Mirae voiced her frustration.

“Hey, calm down,” Felix said gently, patting her back to help soothe her.

They spent the remaining time talking about random topics before heading back to their classes after an hour.

After a while, as they were walking back to their own classes a circle of crowd was forming on the hallway intriguing the attention of the group.

"Have you heard? Something happened down the alley near the apartment complex where I live" One girl murmured while the others listen

"What happened?"

"My neighbor said that someone was attacked last night, a student to be specific" She explained.

"Did you know what happened to the student?" Another one asked "Or who was the student?"

"No, but based on what I heard from the others, it was a girl and was almost raped. Luckily another passer by helped her and took her to the hospital"

Group of gasps and pity engulf the circle.

The five looked at each other, feeling a pity for the victim.

"That's sad" Jisung pouted.

"I hope she's okay" Minho added while the others nod their heads.