contract bond.

summary : your marriage was only meant to be temporary - but things eventually strayed sideways.

[not proofread]

"How are you so calm about it?"

"Roseanne, throwing tantrums here and there won't fix any of this. What, it's not like i could easily get away with things. Parents like ours Roseanne, you can't say no to them. In my view, i shouldn't blame them. If i see my twin sister ever again, i would make sure she remembered all this," you elucidated.

You have a twin sister - exactly existed in ways you do.
Be different sides of the same coin. Physically, the two of you had similar figures and physiques. However, everyone knew that you were the 'wise' twin. Your sister's always causing problems and you were always the one to save the course.

Just like now - your twin sister was compelled to wed a wealthy corporate man's daughter. At first, things seemed to be alright not until one day, your twin sister disappeared. Only you had known where was your sister, but again you were always there to protect her. You kept mum of the matter, pretending that you had no clue about where your twin's whereabouts.

You had to take consequence into your hands - so you agreed to an arranged marriage, taking your twin's spot and saving your family from the spotlight.

"We should talk about this, appropriately and properly."

You chuckled softly, "i am up to no plans, Roseanne. You don't need to worry about me. I am not going to take away everything you have, that's very cliche if you think of me that way. All I would do is just pretend. Like we are happy? The wedding is in two days, there's nothing much to go into."

Roseanne placed a hand over her temple, "y/n, are you aware that we - me and you - are going to get married? We are going to live in the same fucking house and-"

"And that won't be a problem for me at all, Roseanne. We are just going to move in together, and we'll mind our business. Please don't tell me you aren't running away too?" you almost pleaded. It was selfish for you to convince Roseanne to comply with this, but you hoped that Roseanne wouldn't cause any more difficulties.

"You said like it's a cinch," Roseanne muttered as she watched you leave her office.

•••

It had been two weeks since the wedding and you had to put on a facade to everyone that you were happy with your marriage. You made a clear deal with your spouse to act right whenever the two of you were in the public eyes. What behind the closed doors, stayed that way.

Roseanne wasn't very fond of you. She wasn't even friendly to you. You didn't understand why - you were just one of the victims in this situation too. For all you've known, it shouldn't be you to be blamed at least.

Roseanne entered your office and dropped herself onto your velvet couch. She huffed and she looked up steep to the glass ceiling above. "God i am so tired."

"You dont know how to knock?" you asked. You were so into your work, you didn't even look up to where she was.

"We've got to give the audience a little entertainment, don't we? People outside would think it's cute - you know - for me to come to you. We're married."