Coffee Girl

Short one but I hope this feeds your imagination lol 🩵
•••

It's February and your childhood dream to own a coffee shop eventually turned into reality – oh yes, it's daddy's money.

When you finished high school, you came up with a bold decision not to further your studies. Instead, those couple of hundred grands should be enough to run a coffee shop. You pledged to your parents that – this time – daddy's money won't go to waste.

July – you're happy with your business growth. Besides that, your coffee shop recently managed to summon a regular customer.

A tall, skinny, and blonde woman – she's Blackpink's Rosé. You weren't surprised at all because it came to your sense that one of these days any of the kpop idols may crash at your place as your little coffee shop is located near an entertainment management building.

For the first few times, she came to your shop wearing a mask in an attempt to conceal her identity. To make it special, every time she comes to have her drink you'll do the honor to prepare her drinks. You remember her order very well.

"Oh, you're Rosé I know. Don't worry, I won't ask for a picture," that was the first time you spoke non-business to her. You handed her the drink and she let out a quiet giggle.

Ever since that, Roseanne grew comfortable with your presence and your little coffee shop became her safe place. She'll mostly come at midnight when there's no one around and you're about to wrap everything up.

Months after, it became Roseanne's habit to treat herself a drink at your coffee shop.

The woman somehow developed to be cozy around you. Maybe it's because you weren't as nosy as the others. You treated her like a human being born with fears, emotions, and feelings. You didn't see her as Roseanne Park portrayed on the screen.

She tilted her head, observing you from just a couple of tables from the counter. When she saw you reaching for the straw – implying that her drink is ready – she brought her attention away from you. She didn't want to be caught staring.

"Here's yours. Made it with love," you meant it to be a friendly remark however it sounded the opposite to the older woman.

"Thanks," her cheeks reddened.  "So, you aren't closing up?"

"Not when you're still here," you answered.

"Oh, sorry i'm going to go–"

"It's okay. Just sit here and take your time if you want to. It must be exhausting to always dwell at home just because everyone knows you. Stay here as long as you need, I won't harm you okay."

"You're so kind..."

"Oh wait," you walked over to the entrance door and flipped the sign from 'open' to 'close'. "Now you're safer."

You grabbed your MacBook and the paperwork and sat down near the blonde. You proceeded to do your work and allow Roseanne to enjoy her time alone without being interrupted.

Minutes after that, the older woman eventually broke the peace. "So, what should I call you?"

"Just y/n."

She nodded, "y/n..."

"Do you want to tell me your name?" you quipped.

"No," she tagged along. "So, you own this?"

Reluctantly you answered, "Yes."

"What about the others? Are they related to you?"

"They're just the staff here. I like making coffee, I am a barista too."