𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

♡︎Maha's Pov♡︎      

Being done with breakfast I sprinted to my room and laid on the bed. Glancing outside from the window, all I could stare at was the elegant green of trees and plants. As the breeze blows towards them it wiggles a bit and goes back to its normal state after a while. And then again the cycle goes on.

I don't know why it made me feel good, but just by watching those greeneries, my mind relaxes. I stood up from the bed and ran to my grandma. "Paati! (Grandma) I'm going out!" I shouted towards her. "Be back soon" she uttered and resumed rinsing the rice.

My long purple skirt drifted up with the wind and I grimaced at the action. "Don't you fly" I repeated resting my hands on it and fitting it down, the wind won't just halt blowing and I gave up on straightening my skirt. Anyways I'm wearing leggings inside it though! Ah, I am stupid. I slapped my hand on the forehead and made my way towards the fields.

I paused in my path as an odd sensation flooded my heart. I kept my hands on my chest and gasped. Is this what they call a heart attack? Am I going to die! No, I don't want to die now. I didn't even get butterflies in my stomach yet, before that I don't want to pass away.

I inhaled and exhaled calmly, chanting "Please god, let me live". When I am alright to take another step, I saw a man striding across me and squatting down on the field. What is he doing? Who is he?

I couldn't see his face because he was veered around to his side. I quietly roamed in his direction and looked down at what he is performing. He was wearing gloves in his hand. I studied him wide-eyed as he snatched some soil on his hands and rubbed it with his fingers, then he inspected it. I sulked at his activities.

I trudged backward and analyzed the man, hmm, his back looks nice. His black hair is silky and thick, his muscles could be detected through his shirt and I pouted appreciatively at his features. Then again, my heart started beating fast when I heard him talk to me?

"Richard hand me the auger," He told and reached out his hand to me. Who is this auger? I stood there still with a racing heart and eyeing his palm in confusion. What do I do now? "Richard," he said sternly, and out of a sudden instinct, I spotted my hands above his.

Without much care, he heaved me forward resulting in my body landing on the ground in front of him. Wow. Why does he do this to me! I blinked up at him with wrath but soon everything diminished when my eyes met his brown ones. Oh my god! He has brown eyes. I've never caught a glimpse of anyone before with those pairs of eyes, but I've often read it in books.

"What are you doing?" He asked with an expression that I can't quite decipher. "Your eyes are brown," I mumbled still ogling at him, he is soo handsome. So attractive. Butterflies! Oh my! My butterflies are alive. I abruptly sat on the ground and touched my stomach over my top.
"They are alive" I muttered in amazement.

I smiled at him but he frowned at me.
"Are you pregnant?" A voice inquired making my eyes widen in terror. I glanced behind the man before me and stared at the foreigner. "I am not pregnant" I shook my head and he snickered. "Then what is alive in there?" He asked and I looked at the man crouching in front of me. "Butterfly" I confided and the foreigner burst out laughing.

Why is he laughing like that! Only I know how much happy I am to eventually get butterflies in my stomach. I huffed at him and smiled at the initiator of my butterflies. He looked at me and he just kept on doing that. "What's your name?" He inquired and my butterflies started up to fly across my stomach. "Maha," I said with a pleased smile.

"Yours?" He peered at me again. "Tarun" Ah Tarun, that's a charming name but I can't call him that. Because he looks so elder to me and I don't want to call him by his name, that seems disrespectful. "How can I call you?" I inquired further and he glanced at me like I am crazy.

"He just told you his name," that foreigner said and chuckled. He and his chuckling. "No, I mean it's not appropriate to call elders by their name" I muttered to Tarun..no I shouldn't call him that!

"Then what else do you want to call me?" He asked with amusement and I shrugged. "What is your profession?" I inquired and he sighed. "We are scientists," that foreigner endorsed with an attitude and I beamed widely.

"Scientist! I'll call you scientist" I flashed a smile gaining an intense stare from him. "Okay scientist, what are you doing here in this soil?" I queried him causing him to raise his eyebrows. "Collecting soil samples" oh! I pouted and nodded my head.

"And If you could move, we will just be able to do it," that foreigner said and reached towards me. He helped me to stand up. "By the way I am Richard. Don't you call me scientist and all" he declared and I shook my head in understanding.

I stood on the side and watched them both do something with a drill like a thing, they penetrated it inside the soil and when it is out, it carried soil in its blade. Then they both released that soil in a small plastic container and closed it.

They got back on their feet and my scientist looked at me. "Do you stay here?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Okay then, do me a favor, keep this equipment safe in your home" He handed me a box and his fingers grazed over my skin making me shudder.

                  ............................

Take care guysss!! Do drop ur votes and comments :)