One Piece

Shizuka is a captain (29 years old, standing at 183cm tall)- therefore holding some sort of power on marine ships, unless there is a person with a higher status there. She is the biological sister of Haru Matsumoto, who, however, ranks a lot lower than she does- which greatly frustrates her.Known to have a strict moral code and only seeing black and white, she has a hard time empathizing with criminals or does not try at all. Criminals are criminals and hurt others. And those people should get eradicated, or so she says. Her thought process also led her to be very merciless- not afraid of killing criminals on sight- even though she was told to dial it down- the marine is the ultimate justice and somehow needs to keep up its good and merciful image. That motivation has helped her in rising the ranks rather fast, being a captain now- but she has no intention to stop now. Shizuka is (behind her back of course-) often called someone with a stick up her ass, since she is strict at all times, always formal, and a proud marine. Some say she is like a mini Akainu (Or Sakazuki) but that (for her at least) is more like a compliment. Who doesn't like being compared with a strong and intelligent person? And she also admires his ability to take rather drastic steps and still come out unharmed. Like many would've guessed by now, she is a reckless and aggressive individual who only shows a nice face to either colleagues or civilians. To individuals ranking under her she is strict and does everything to help them get stronger (which means sacrificing their and her time to get some extra training in)- the Marine needs strong soldiers, and weak ones would only disgrace their image! (This is the time where she is like a stricter big sister or a mom...). Not afraid to fight criminals no matter of her condition, she (especially in her "younger" days) either got injured a lot or endangered all around her. She, of course, hates how pirates hurt others- and can be a hypocrite. Because the Marine hurting others is a fault on their part- if you got hurt you deserved it. Or it's all for the greater good. Well, Shizuka does have a softer side with her brother but of course, it's all paired with the infamous strictness. Not even her brother will escape. She does NOT like traitors or people who cock out of the marines for.. whatever reason. This means she heavily dislikes Aokiji (she didn't like him in the first place, and after the time skip? Phew, better be careful mentioning his name or epithet while she is able to hear you.)Her relationship with Haru is a little bit strained- First of all, he reminds her of a little puppy who always runs after his sister. Yes, she knows why he joined the marines but hell, she is Shizuka Matsumoto! And Shizuka does not need protection whatsoever, she will do it on her own! Still, she appreciates the sentiment. It's kinda cute... But She hates that he sacrifices himself for her, always orienting himself after her and paying no attention to his personal needs... Also, their morals and codes of justice don't line up with each other which doesn't help their relationship.. at all.Shizuka ended up having drastic changes within her past. One of the lucky individuals who actually had a good past. As good as it can get if you're an inhabitant of the one piece universe. She joined the Marines because.. well their propaganda worked very well on her. And the age of pirates was not that peaceful as well, and after receiving one too many news of another ship being ambushed by pirates, she decided she had enough- which lead to her joining the marines. That her best friend met her end on that ship there also played a part of it. Determined to never let anybody go through the same pain that she did, she worked very hard.. not realizing how many people she hurt- even those she wanted to save... Or at least not wanting to realize. there are some moments where she rethinks and reflects which end up making her despair so much that she just ends up fleeing into her mindset of her being in the right here. Because if she actually saw the bigger picture... Would she even be able to take it? Her abilities.. despite being .. well.. a slender young woman, she harbors a lot of strength, not afraid of breaking bones with kicks and punches. But her fighting style isn't limited to only martial arts- she uses two rapiers and is a talented swordswoman. Her fighting style is what earned her her epithet "bloodthirsty ballerina"- always seeming to dance while she stabs and slashes enemies, easily the most elegant one on the bloodied battlefield, roaring with screams from soldiers, bravely fighting against the marines. Her fighting involves a lot of spinning and jumping around with poise and elegance- which she was taught when she was little (I honestly think that because she is from a richer household she was almost taught like a noble- same goes for her brother since richer people did like to copy the nobles or queens and kings just for their own ego-boost, in the real world and in the one piece universe as well I think?), catching enemies off guard or being so mesmerizing that they get so caught up and meet their demise quickly. Fitting to that narrative she dresses in a way that - very different to her character- actually seems a tad bit more fragile or feminine. Besides wearing a blouse (red, reminding her of Akainu.. and it's actually some sort of tribute to him?? ... Guess she is a fangirl) she (Which can't be seen bc I'm using a picrew-) also sports a black skirt which reaches down to her calves- as well as wearing black stockings and brown, slightly heeled boots. Different from her colleagues she can't afford to wear high heels and twist her ankles or anything. They also kind of affect her in her speed so she despises them on herself. On herself. She does admire the people who can fight in them though.