THIRTEEN

[CHAPTER THIRTEEN]

___

       "YOU'LL BE OKAY, I PROMISE YOU," Vi spoke, letting Amaya rest against the brick wall of a building in Piltover, "I'll be right back." She assured, just peeking around the corner, so she could get a good look at Jinx and Silco. It hurt her, but she covered it up. Not wanting to distract from Amayas wound.

"Okay..." She breathed, as Caitlyn bent down to look over her while Vi was side tracked, her eyes filled with upset at what she was seeing, sheer guilt is all she could feel. Even though Amaya had been injured, she still opted to push her out the way once Jinx started shooting at them. Caitlyn couldn't ask for a better sister. Despite the fact she knew all along who was the reason for the cycle of violence down in the undercity.

"Hey..." She spoke, hesitantly. Her voice was wary, clearly scared for the girl.

"What's up princess?" Amaya casually replied, how could she be so calm in a situation so dire? Caitlyn thought, but then again, she was always prideful in herself, so she guessed playing off an injury like this was light work.

"Please be okay, Amaya. I don't know what I'd do without you..." She sobbed, resting her head in her hands.

"Caitlyn, when have I not been okay? I'm not letting myself die at the hands of explosive firelights." Amaya said, chuckling at the blue haired girl.

Caitlyn smiled, tears had fallen into the crevices of her smile, "well when you put it like that-"

"See? Not so bad!"

"You always find a way to make me feel better..."

"Because you're my sister, it's what I do." Amaya hummed, before saying, "By the way, Jinx has the gemstone."

"What?!" Vi exclaimed, as she turned her head to face the other girls, her eyes were disappointed.

"It was all for nothing." Caitlyn spoke, her mood clearly dampened more than it had been before.

"I was gonna say something before but I didn't have much energy." Amaya grunted, her arms felt like jelly, and all she wanted was to crash on Caitlyns soft bed.

"Don't stress, buttercup. Let's just get you somewhere safe." Vi reassured, lifting the injured girl into her arms, where she belonged, and where Vi wished she could stay.

"Follow me." Caitlyn said.

__

The three made it to Caitlyns home, as the two uninjured girls, helped lift her inside the home, carefully walking her through the room, "Who lives here? Another Councillor friend of yours?" Vi asked.

"No, Caitlyns pa-"

As she said so, the door burst open, only to leave Mrs. Kiramman stood there, pointing a shotgun at the three girls, who stood there, traumatised.

"Caitlyn! Amaya!" The woman gasped, in disbelief, she hadn't seen the two in days, with no word from either of them. Just vanished, despite the fact that Amaya didn't do her job right, Mrs. Kiramman was still glad that she was all right.