Ch 1

(Jiang's Pov)

Sitting in my cold sterile room I stare blankly at the wall in my white scrub like pajamas. I don't even look up when I hear the buzzing of my door signaling someone's coming in. I also don't look up when I hear footsteps coming closer. As soon as they get within five feet I give a warning in a harsh tone. "Leave me alone. Go away." I hear a familiar sigh along with a deep but soft voice. "Come on, I know your having a rough time but please at least look at me." I stay silent for awhile before I slowly peek my head up at the older boy. His name is Wong Yukhei or otherwise known as Lucas. He's my cousin and best friend. Well actually he's my only friend so of course he'll be my best friend. I give him a huff and cross my arms over my chest. "Why are you here? I thought you were in China." He gives me a sad look. "I heard about your parents and came out here as soon as possible. And I'm getting you out of here." He hands me a few papers and I read them over before raising an eyebrow. "You want to be my legal guardian?" He nods excitedly like a puppy smiling happily. My lips twitch upwards slightly before fidgeting on my bed a little. "Yukhei I haven't been out of the hospital since I was fifteen. And I'm twenty now." He leans down and gives me a tight reassuring hug. "You'll be fine. As long as you listen to the doctors and take all of your medicine." I sigh seeing how hopeful and excited he is so I reluctantly agree to live with him. He grins happily before dragging me to my feet and immediately helps me start packing my little amount of things. Once we get my things packed up with all of it fitting in one bag, we then head to the discharge room. Lucas and I each take a seat while the case worker goes over paperwork with each of us. We both look over and sign multiple papers all of it just stating that I'm being handed over to the care of a family member and that I promise to take my medicine and everything or else I'll be committed again. Once we get through the paperwork the worker who's name is May gives me a soft motherly smile. "Now I got in touch with a therapist office that is in the area of where you'll be staying and they agreed to work with any kind of schedule. But you have to promise you'll go Jiang." I give a little nod fidgeting anxiously. "I promise." She smiles softly before grabbing all of the paperwork. "Alright everything seems in order. I made sure that you have some medicine until you can pick it up at a pharmacy so your both free to go. I wish you luck on your journey Jiang." I give a soft and shy thanks before following Lucas out of the building. Once outside I can't help but admire the cool but sunny weather a little smile appearing on my face. I can feel Lucas's eyes on me and I turn my head to look at him questioningly. He gives me a little sad smile. "I forgot you never got much time outside." I give a small shrug following him to the car. "We were allowed out once a week for fifteen minutes. It wasn't much but at least it was something." I quickly climb into the car Lucas in the driver seat and he immediately pulls out of the parking lot and drives off I staring back at the mental hospital with mixed emotions while picking at the scars on my arms. Feeling a tap on my shoulder I straighten myself in the seat and look at Lucas curiously. "We'll be staying in a hotel for a few days then we're going to be flying back to China." I nod in understanding and get out once the car stops staring at the extravagant hotel in awe. Lucas chuckles at me then leads me inside and into the golden elevator. He presses a floor number and we start moving until we reach the right floor. Once the elevator stops we get out and head to the end of the hall. Lucas struggles with the door for a little before opening it and I gape at the large beautiful room. "Wow." I step inside and look around at everything. "Wait I got a present for you. Close your eyes and hold your hands out." Looking confused I reluctantly close my eyes and hold out my hands. I head shuffling and movement until I hear footsteps getting closer. Then next thing I know something very heavy is placed in my hands. "Alright open your eyes." I open my eyes and look down gasping when I see a giant gorgeous black leather sketchbook. I look at Lucas in shock he just grinning down at me. "I know your old one is pretty worn out and out of paper. So I got you this one." Tears immediately prick my eyes and I carefully put down the book before tackling Lucas in a hug. "Thank you so much Yukhei I love it. And thank you for looking after me." He hugs me back before pulling away to look down at me a smile on his face. "Your welcome. And it's my job to look after my family. Now are you hungry?" I instinctively shake my head no but am immediately faced with a slight look when my stomach growls. "I'll order room service. You go shower and change. I bought you some new clothes they're in the drawers." I nod giving a quick "thank you" before running off to shower and everything. Once I'm done showering I pull on some basketball shorts and a shirt grimacing slightly at the plainness. Sighing I head out to the living room to see the food is already here. I sit down across from Lucas and grab some chopsticks before digging into the bowl in front of me. Once I'm done I rub my eyes tiredly. "Go on and get some rest we leave in two days." I nod getting up and take my medicine for the night before wishing Lucas a goodnight and head to bed laying down immediately falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.