-14-

-hannah-

I bite my lip the whole way to the library before I get settled in for the twenty minute zero period to go over Mikey's work for tonight.

"Hannah?" Mrs. Carter calls out to me and I get up to pop my head into her office. "Good morning, we got a large shipment of books I need you to add them into the system, stamp, catalog and put them away."

"Sure thing," I smile.

"After your twenty minutes of course!" She hollers as I sit back down and write out a plan for tonight.

First and second period fly by and I chew my lip as I watch the clock in third; anatomy. My stomach grumbles as the Mr. Anderson begins to inform us of a project due on Friday on the Muscular System. He begins to describe the project and its criteria he expects to be on there; a full size diagram poster of the human muscles. I take notes and then he announces that he wants it to be a group project, in which I roll my eyes since I always do my assignments alone. Group or not.

I start to watch the clock again as everyone begins to move about and find their buddies. The girls at the table in front of me giggle and rush to the back of the room with their friends and the sports. I begin to load my backpack when Calum turns the chair in front of me around and sits at my table.

"So I was thinking we could go to the Library on lunch or after school and then we get one of those really big pieces of paper and trace my body. But I'll put my knee up," he demonstrates as I just stare at him shocked, "and then put a ball above my knee like I'm doing a kick-up. That way we can change the muscles from the left side to the right."

He stares at him as I process his idea. As I process him sitting in front of me at all. His eyes are such a dark deep brown they almost blend into his pupil, but flecks of a coffee color weave through and showcase their beauty.

When I don't say anything he furrows his brows and looks me up and down, "Is that okay? Or is that a bad idea? Would it be too hard?"

"You want to be my partner?" I ask him just as the bell rings.

"Um, yeah," he scoffs matter of fact and stands, but doesn't leave.

He watches me zip my bag and then walks out of the class with me, staying next to me as we head to the cafeteria. We both go to the sandwich line and get our meals and before I can head to the library he steps up to me.

"Whereya going? Come eat with us."

He gestures to the Senior Platform and begins leading the way, many people reaching their hands out for a high-five or clap on the back. Every single one eyeing me in return. Some smile and nod while others grimace, disappointed in Calum for stooping lower.

My cheeks burn by the time we make it to the table and I'm about to dismiss myself with the excuse of needing to study at the library when Mikey sees me. His whole face lights up and my heart races, his affection for me still overwhelming. But I enjoy it immensely.

"Hey," he says enthusiastically and pulls the chair out next to him for me to sit.

"Hi," I smile at him, butterflies beginning to take flight in my tummy as Calum sits next to me.

"So what do you think? Do you think that will be a good idea?" Calum asks before taking a huge bite of his sandwich.

"Sure," I nod at him.

"Hi, Hannah," Tannar gets my attention as she sits down next to Luke whom I didn't notice before.

"Hey," I grin at her.

"What's the good idea?" Mikey asks me, looking between Calum and I.

"Our anatomy project," I tell him as he takes a bite of pizza.