Chapter 35

Riley’s POV

“Come on kids, let’s go meet your dad before he has to go on stage.”

I waited at the entry of the bus as the kids put their shoes on.   The end of the tour was winding down after it got extended two extra months.   Summer was approaching and I was excited at heading home in two weeks. 

The tour has been such a huge success, venues selling out within minutes of ticket sales opening.   The new album was breaking records and topping charts.   The band would get a two month break before their European Tour began, the kids were so excited to go on a plane and see the different countries. 

I was so proud of all of them, especially Dom, but I might be just a tad bias when it comes to him.   Since he poured his heart in soul into this album, it has a special meaning to him.   Also after all the shit that went down over a year ago still weighs heavily on all of them, the success they are having truly was sweet redemption.

Ever thing has been going smoothly the last few months.   Dom and I’s relationship was stronger than ever.   The kids adjusted with no problems to life on a tour bus and absolutely loved their tutor Sarah.  

She was a perfect fit for the kids and was part of our family.   And if things continue to progress between her and Damien, that just might become a permanent arrangement.   They thought they were so sly, but everyone knew the two were falling in love.   I was so happy for both of them, she was good for him and didn’t take any of his crap.  

“Okay mom, we are ready.   Willow had a knot in her shoelace I had to undo.   We need to hurry for sound check, Uncle Markus was going to let me play for a few minutes.”

Grabbing my hand the kids yanked me out of the bus.   The kids loved anything to do with music.   The guys were teaching the kids different instruments during our down time.   Wyatt has really taken to the drums and was actually getting quite good.  

Willow loved the piano and was constantly practicing on the small keyboard Dom bought her.   The kids were like sponges, soaking up anything to do with music around them.   I guess it helps when your dad and uncles were a famous rock band.  

Making our way to the stadium, we flashed our badges and headed to the side stage.   The guys were chatting with some of the sound guys as they tuned their guitars.   Dom smiled at me when he noticed us heading his way.  

“Hey princess, I missed you.”

“Dom, you just saw me a few hours ago.”

“I still miss you and I always will.   You do know that you are now sentenced to come on every tour with me.   I don’t think I could do this without you by my side.”

Lately I felt the same way.   I hated to be away from him.   He was like a drug to me.   And I was completely happy with that, this was the life I wanted, along his side.  

After talking to my Uncle Kade, he has loved coming out of retirement to run the studio.   He finally fessed up that he only handed over the shop to me because he knew I deserved it not because he was ready.