Chapter 36

Dom’s POV

I have to say that life was great.  The show tonight was one of our best and the fans rocked.   All I wanted to do was spend hours releasing all this energy flowing through me with Riley, but with the label here we had other commitments to fill.

Settling for a quickie in the shower we changed and headed out.   Said to say but this was one rock star that preferred to cuddle up on the couch with his family that drink with a bunch of executives from the label, but the game had to be played and most times I didn’t mind doing it, but for some reason tonight I just wanted to lock my sexy girl in our room and have her all to myself.  Later couldn’t come fast enough for me.

The atmosphere was electrifying after the performance we just had and after several hours it seemed like I had spoken to just about all I needed to.   Now was a good time for us to sneak out, but before we took a step Mike from the label asked if we could speak for a minute, both of us. 

Nodding, I grabbed Riley and we headed to the outside office and walked in.  Riley suddenly froze and when I looked to the left I understood why.   

“What the fuck is this.   What is this bastard doing here Mike, what the hell are you playing at?”

“Calm down Dom, he requested a few minutes of your time.  He is heading back to his sober house tonight.  Just listen to him you owe him that much.”

“Owe him, we don’t owe him shit!  You hear me John, we don’t owe you shit!   Jesus, Mike I never expected you to be okay with this.   Come on princess, let’s get you out of here.”

Pulling Riley to my chest I could feel that she was shaking.   I didn’t want her anywhere near the asshole that tried to rape her.

“Please Dominic I just need 5 minutes, please I know you don’t owe me anything but I owe you.   Just 5 minutes.”

Looking down at Riley I could tell she was struggling to hold it together but she nodded before hugging me tighter.

“Fine asshole, 5 minutes the clock is ticking.”

“Thank you.  This past year has been pure hell for me and I…well I realized and had to confront all the mistakes I made.   You two were one of my biggest mistakes and I need to apologize for that.   What I did was so inexcusable I know I don’t deserve anything from you but I need to ask anyway.   It’s all part of the process…owning up to the shit you did while high…”

I could see John was struggling.   He turned to look at a man, who I didn’t notice, leaning against the wall.  The guy walked over and whispered in his ear and then retook his position.

“Like I was saying…I need to own up to my shit.   These last months…well I can now see the monster I became and…that haunts me…haunts me daily.   Riley what I did…repulses me and I am so, so sorry.   I am so fucking sorry that I dragged you into my drugged induced world and in the process ripped yours apart.   I am not expecting you to forgive me, but please believe me when I tell you that I am truly sorry.”