Prologue

I can never regret what my decisions to tour with Sweet Redemption, nor can I regret being with the lead singer Dominic Stone for over a year.   I do however regret all the pain and heartache I had to endure to get where I am today.

I met Dominic one night when he and his band walked into my uncle’s Tattoo shop that I worked in.   I have officially been doing tattoos now for about three years, but I have grown up in that shop and started working with my uncle, once it was discovered that I was one hell of artist.    I started in my teenage years learning the trade and doing tattoo sketches because it seemed I had quite a knack for taking what the client wanted and recreating that on paper.   By the time I as 20 years old, I already had a large client base.    Some say that a tattoo shop is not a great environment to raise a kid, but my parents died when I was 10 and that only left my Uncle Kade to look after me.   He did the best he could with a little girl.   Good thing my love of drawing gave us a connection for us to grow from.   Now I could not imagine my life without my uncle. 

That night, I was standing at the front counter doing some sketches for a client that wanted an angel on her shoulder, when I heard the bell ring on the front door.   When I looked up I noticed the most gorgeous man I have ever seen.   He was over six feet tall, broad shoulders, piercing blue eyes and jet black hair that just screamed for you to run your fingers through.  You could see his tone muscles through the tight black shirt, muscles that made your mouth water and oh I would love to run my tongue over.   But his smile was what made me draw in my breath.   It was the type of smile that just made you melt on the inside and in your panties.   I was so focused on the sex god standing in front of me that I barely noticed the four other guys behind him.

“Damn Dom, I swear you render women speechless where ever we go.”  This coming from the blond hottie standing behind him.   Taking a moment to look at the other guest I realized that each was just as smoking hot as the next, but none were more mouthwatering than the man directly in front of me. 

Dom just shrugged his shoulders and smiled again at me.   He said something to the others, but with my mind in a haze I didn’t catch any of it.   Their banter brought me out of my daze and I quickly shook myself from my sex laced thoughts.

“Sorry about that gentleman, it’s been a long day, I am Riley James and welcome to James Studio.   How can I help you?”     

“Riley James?   You seem a bit young to not only do tattoos but to have your own tattoo studio?  What are you 20? 21?”   The sex god spoke while leaning on the counter brining his smiling face closer to me.

With the motion of bending his arms on the counter, my attention drifted down to his tattoo covered arms, bad idea because they were the type of arms that could definitely hold you up against a wall if you know what I mean and… man I really needed to get laid.   Each arm was littered with tattoos and I am a sucker for tattoos.   Again being drawn into my thoughts I took me a couple seconds to notice the laughing coming from behind the sex god.

Snapping my head up I looked into his eyes and a shiver ran down my body.   Get a grip Riley, you can take care of these hormones later.

“Sorry about that, I was just noticing your tattoos.  If you ever want me to fix that one on your left arm, let me know.”   Quickly saying to cover up my momentary lack of focus.  What was wrong with me?   One look into this guy’s eyes and I swear all coherent thoughts leave my mind.    “The coloring and shading is all wrong which is why it looks off and yes, I am only 22 years old, but grew up in this shop, but the James on the sign is my uncle.   Now how can I help you?” 

“Well I am interested in getting several new tattoos, and apparently the one on my arm fixed as you are right I never really liked how it looked.   By the way, I am Dominic Stone and this behind me are my band mates, my brother Damien, Max, John and Trey.”  

And that is how my relationship with Sweet Redemption started.   Over the next few months while they worked on their new album, I worked on each of the guy’s new tattoos and fixing up a couple of them.   I got to know them all quite well and realized, that despite their fame they were really down to earth and a good group of guys.   We even started to hang out outside of the tattoo studio and two months later Dominic and I went out on our first date.  

A four months later he asked me to take off a couple months to join him on tour.   It was hard being away from him for any amount of time and with my uncles blessing I began my journey with Dominic.   We spent the next few months going from one venue to the next, but being with Dominic was amazing.   We were inseparable.   Life was good and I was truly happy.    But as he and I go closer there were some who didn’t appreciate the impact I was having in Dominic’s life.   He partied less, didn’t play up the female fans like he once did, and spent all his free time with me.     By the end of the US tour before Sweet Redemption headed off to Europe, was when things really started to fall apart.   

One night the trust was broken.  

I never once thought I could hate the man that I loved, apparently was I wrong.     And that is how I ended up getting on a flight out of Atlanta back home to my uncle, completely devastated and destroyed.