Chapter 9: Cover Up

Author's POV

Author's POV

"This will be your room." Mrs. Wang said after she led both seven year old Tzuyu and his mom to their room.

"Thank you so much for letting my son stay." Tzuyu's mother bowed with undescribable amount of thankfulness.

"No problem. Unpack your things and look over your schedule." Mrs. Wang finished with a small smile before living the both of them to unpack their things.

While they were unpacking, a little kid peaked through their door. Tzuyu noticed him making the kid excited. He smiled and gave a little wave to Tzuyu. Tzuyu got a little shy but still managed to return his smile.

"Stay in this room, okay? I have to buy groceries. Be a good kid." She patted his head and left to go to the nearest market to buy groceries.

A sudden knock got Tzuyu's attention. He looked over at the door and scratched his head before heading over to open it. His eyes met with the same kid that waved at him earlier. The same big bright smile still on his face.

"Hi!" The young boy greeted as the feel of excitement filled his body.

"H-Hello." Tzuyu stuttered, he wasn't used to kids talking to him since they all avoid him for the reason being "too poor".

"My name is Jackson! You?" The kid introduced himself with the same bright smile still displayed on his face.

"Tzuyu..." A small shy smile appeared on Tzuyu's face as he said his name.

"Tzuyu! Pretty name! Wanna be friends?!" Jackson looked at Tzuyu with such hopeful eyes, hoping to get a new friend.

"S-Sure." Tzuyu smiled at his new friend. It's been a while since a kid talked to him nicely without any harm.

From then on, they've became inseparable. They would go everywhere together and would whine everytime they were seperated. Jackson's parents were forced to move Tzuyu into a bigger school even if Tzuyu refuses to because Jackson insisted. They would always help each other with their troubles and would never leave each other out on new events about themselves.

"Dahyun, please announce that we will be having a group project, again, about the topic that was discussed last class. I've already written down the details on the board just tell them to kindly write it down or take a picture of it. I'm afraid I won't make it to the class since we have a meeting this afternoon." Dahyun was called to Sejeong's office as she would like for Dahyun to anounce something for her students.

"Are we supposed to pick our own partners or will you be giving me the groups assigned?" Dahyun assured Sejeong so there would be no misunderstanding.

"No, you'll be picking your own partners. Maximum is six people." Sejeong said, finishing it up with a small smile on her face.

"Okay then, I'll be heading to the classroom now." Dahyun smiled and bowed one last time before she made her way back to her class.