Chapter 12: Childhood Friends

Author's POV

The sun shined brightly and reflected through her smooth skin. Dahyun meditated in the middle of the track field of her school. Nothing better than a peaceful morning without her lousy friends.

"Kim Dahyun!" Dahyun recognized the voice as Nayeon and sighed. She held her posture and ignored the shouts for her name, nothing could tarnish her restful morning.

"KIM DAHYUN!" This time, the voice was closer. Directly into her ear. There, she jumped and ruined her posture, sending flames out her ears.

"What~?!" She cried out.

"My money." Nayeon handed her portion to the class fund with a bright smile, hoping it could ease Dahyun's mood a bit.

Dahyun sighed. "You could have lent it to me later."

"I wanted to be the first one." She pouted.

"I'm sorry, Unnie! Unfortunately, you are not!... the first one." Dahyun teased and chuckled in pleasure.

"I bet it was either Tzuyu or Eunwoo those desperate, miserable, hopeless bitches." Nayeon snapped.

"No need for profanity. I am!... the person you loathe." She said, indicating that she was the first one to give contributions to the class fund. The class president did not show any signs of anxiousness and shared the information proudly.

"Irk!" Nayeon fumed and jumped on Dahyun. Now laying on the grass, she slapped Dahyun's shoulder a few times letting her rage out.

"Okay! I'm sorry! I'll remove mine from the envelope and put yours first if that makes you satisfied!"

Nayeon thought about it. In the meantime, Dahyun gently pushed Nayeon and herself up.

"Okay!" Nayeon giggled in joy.

There was a second of silence before Dahyun looked at Nayeon with curiosity in her eyes. "Did you get a haircut?"

Nayeon's smile turned into a wide grin. She jumped on Dahyun again but luckily, Dahyun was prepared this time and held the ground for support.

"You noticed!" Nayeon shrieked in joy. What seemed like a normal question for Dahyun made the older so happy.

"Unnie it's pretty obvious."

"No one else noticed! If you see me mad at Jeongyeon you know why." She pouted.

...

Dahyun lost her appetite. Looking at the couple in front of her with disgust as she violently stabbed her food with her spoon, her day was officially ruined.

"Hurry up and eat," Jeongyeon whispered as he places food on Nayeon's plate. He appeared to be nicer to Nayeon so she would stop sulking, and the older completely fell for it.

"Why are you stabbing the poor beef?" Tzuyu asked, looking concerned. For the beef of course.

"I hate love birds. If murder wasn't illegal, I would've stabbed these two morons with my spoon." Nayeon looked up at her and was about to argue, but not when Dahyun's eyes looked like she was about to disregard the fact that murder was illegal just to stab the couple. Nayeon cleared her throat and pulled away from Jeongyeon.

"Take your anger out on them, not the poor beef." Tzuyu teased.

"Please don't," Jeongyeon begged.

"Oh, right," Dahyun started. "Everyone hand over their money for the class fund!"

"Already gave mine," Eunwoo confessed.

"Yup. Thanks." Dahyun smiled.

Tzuyu looked at Jackson with dismay. He completely forgot to ask his mother for extra money.