Chapter 10: Merry and Happy

Author's POV

Author's POV

It was the day. The day they discuss the project in the treehouse. Still a little bit nervous, Tzuyu managed to take a bath and brush his teeth with no problem. He took another deep breath, preparing himself before leaving his room, headed to Jackson's room.

He stared at the door of Jackson's room, reading a sign saying 'Jackson's cave.' as he took a couple of more deep breathes. Ready to knock, he was interrupted by the door opening, revealing Jackson who was clearly ready. Tzuyu stared at him with a little pout as he watched the latter check the time.

"Let's go." Jackson smiled, easing Tzuyu a bit.

Jackson followed Tzuyu to the door with a smile on his face, despite his nervousness. Tzuyu opened the door and took one step out before going back in, startling Jackson a little.

"What? Why?" Jackson said a bit worried as he scanned Tzuyu's worried expression.

"I saw Dahyun." He panicked.

"What?! She's an hour early!" Jackson whisper yelled.

"I know! What do we do?!" Tzuyu said, flipping back his hair as he panicked.

"I go out first. Then, I lead her there."

"Okay, I'll watch you guys from the window."

"Okay, okay." Jackson nodded.

Jackson hurriedly went for the door and opened it. His eyes went wide when he saw Dahyun in front of him, smiling. Her hands were reaching for the doorbell, about to ring it.

"Oh, hi." She smiled. Tzuyu's eyes went wide open as his hands covered his mouth. He panicked and quickly rushed upstairs, hiding.

"Who was that?" Both of her eyebrows met as she tried to look at Jackson's back. Jackson panicked and quickly covered her view of the house.

"Oh, uhm– m–maybe it was my mom?" He shrugged.

"Oh, I thought your mom had long hair? She got a haircut?"

"Oh, well– maybe it was my dad. You know?" Jackson laughed awkwardly, trying to laugh it off.

"Hm- uhm, okay. Let's go."

"Yeah..." He quickly faced Dahyun forward, closing the door behind him.

"Why'd you go to my house?"

"Oh, I don't know. I've only seen it once... It's pretty, I wanted to see it again." She shrugged.

"Ah..."

Tzuyu watched as they walked away in the treehouse's direction. He sighed in relief, happy that they managed to avoid the possible disaster.

...

Dahyun looked around the place with her mouth wide open. It was her first time in a treehouse and she thought it was gonna smell like it had been abandoned for a decade, but to her surprise, it didn't.