Algebra class

Authors note - 733 263 35225= red and black ;)

After Enjorlas has left I stare intently at the spot on my hand where he had kissed me.  Did it mean anything?  My heart tells me it did , but my mind tells me he was only being a gentleman.  Turning my hand over,  I realize that my hands had reflexively curled into a grasping fist.  I slowly uncurl my fingers and a small piece of paper is revealed.  On it a group of numbers is scrawled in a blue fountain pen ink. 

733 263 35225
Call me - Enj

I stare at the paper in confusion.  He just gave me his number.  I'd barely known him five minutes and he was already giving me his number.  I smiled  and entered the algebra class. 

As I walked in the teacher cut me with an ice cold glare .  I took a seat next to a  boy who was writing for all he was worth. Sighing, I got my pencil case out and searched for some paper to write on.  Without a glance my way my neighbor seamlessly passed a dozen sheets of paper to me, whilst still  taking notes . I nod a thanks to him and begin to write notes on 'the nth  term' .

Fifty minutes later the class begins  to pack up,  but both the boy and I are still writing.   Whispers of "keeners " and "weirdos"  float about the back of the classroom but the boy didn't seem fazed.  The bell rings and everyone but the boy and I exit like the room is radioactive.  I finish writing and slip my notes into my satchel.  The boy looks up and smiles , so I smile back at him.

I like this kid.

But I'm not good at making friends, so I turn to leave. 

"  we're different  you know " he chuckles " from the rest of them. The name's Coufreyac by the way"

" Pleasure to meet you Coufreyac,  I'm Eponine.  "  I smile before walking out the door.