A ghost of dreams

Didn't know what to choose so, Sad Machine

(Y/N)'s POV
"I still haven't gotten a text from him, he probably got forced by Yuichiro to apologize and he doesn't want to be my friend." I fall asleep slowly.

I open my eyes. "Candles." I look at the candles floating around me. I look around and see the cave. I walk out and look up at the sky, the moon shining as every night. "What's so important about today? Why did I have to go back today?" I start floating around. "I feel light." I float up and sit on one of Alfred's branches. "Hello, again, Alfred." "Hey." I jump, and turn around. "Muichiro." He pulls me into his arms and hugs me. "How're you?" "Why haven't you texted me?" "Lost the paper." I hum. I feel him wrap his arms around my waist, and nuzzle his face on my neck. "I love you."

"What?" I feel his lips on my neck, trailing along my skin as he says it again. "I love you." "I do too, you're a great fr-" "You know that's not what I mean." He moves his head and looks at me in the eyes. "I don't know what do you mean." He places his lips on mine. I stare at him in shock, and pull away. "I said we're just friends." "Or are you scared, I'll ever leave you?" I stare at him in shock. "I'm not." "Give me a chance." "But if you do leave me..." He presses his forehead against mine. "I won't. I promise." "Alright, but you better keep that promise." "Mhm." I kiss him and he kisses back as he wraps his arms around my waist. I feel him push my back against the tree. He moves one hand to my cheek. He pulls away to breathe. "I've wanted to kiss you like this for so long." "Wha-" He starts kissing me again as I close my eyes, and kiss back. We kiss for a bit until he licks my lower lip. I open my eyes in shock and stare at him, as he looks at me sweetly. I open my mouth and let him explore it.

We pull away after a while. "I love you, (Y/N)." "I do too." We start kissing again, until I slip from the branch and we start falling. "Woops." He floats and carries me up the tree. "You're floating." He nods. "How're you floating?" "Don't mind that." I blink and wake up in my room.

I grab my bag and start running to the train station. I get on a train and wait for it to arrive. I get off at the stop, and run to the forest. "Nothing." I run to Muichiro's house. I climb a tree by his window. "Nothing." I run to my house. I open the door and look around. I reach my room and see him laying on the floor, with a blanket in his hands. "My... his blanket?" I shake him gently to see him stay still. I move my thumb to his neck. "No heartbeat." My eyes widen. I place my hands on his chest and push it. "Damn I never got taught how to do this." Tears start streaming from my eyes. I keep pushing until I see him squint his eyes slightly and let out a whimper. "He's alive?" I move my thumb to his neck again. "Still none?" I keep pushing until he slaps my hand. "Stop that." "Thank god you're alive." "Why wouldn't I be?" "You had no heartbeat." I move my thumb again to his neck. "Wait, you still don-" "It's not there, idiot." He grabs my thumb and pushes it up and to the left. "Ohhh, but you weren't waking up." "I'm a deep sleeper." "I was worried!" He laughs and hugs me.

"I've been wondering." "What is it?" "What happened to your girlfriend? I'm sure she wouldn't like to know we kissed." "Yeah, we broke up." "Why? She seemed like she loved you, I think." "I had my eyes on someone else, but I hadn't really realized, I was gonna break up with her, but she broke up with me, because I never said I love you, too." I hum. "Well that's pretty jerkish." "Yeah, but turns out she had a boyfriend in Tokyo, and she was cheating on him with me." "That's pretty jerkish, and does the girl you like, like you back?" "In my dreams, but she's a really likeable person, I'm not sure why people don't like her." We both sit against the wall. "What are you doing here either way?" "I had a dream about you, and what happened worried me, so I came to check on you." "What was the dream about?" "I'd rather not say, but you were on the tree. We fell, and you started floating. Since we were by the cave, I thought maybe something happened to you." "I had a dream about you, too." "What a coinciden-" He places his lips on mine. This feels... right. We kiss for some seconds, and pull away. "Tree?" I nod.

We start kissing again. I pull away and try to catch my breath. "This is wrong." Tears form on my eyes. "What do you mean?" "I mean that this is wrong, it feels right but it's wrong, there's someone you like, and we haven't even talked that much. It feels right, to kiss you, and to be held by you, but it's wrong, we're only fourteen, and I didn't even socialize for a full two years, it's like I'm twelve." I see his previous smile turn into a frown. "Yeah." "I'm sorry, Mu-" "Don't worry, it's fine, sorry for making you worry, I think I'm gonna go now." He stands up. "Oh, and you're the one I like." "What?" "I too was hoping you'd be my girlfriend by now." He starts walking away. "Mui, come back." "..." "Muichiro, come back." "..." "Muichiro Tokito, come back and let me talk!" "No one is stopping you." "Damn it, Muichiro! You think I don't love you?! You think I don't want to be at least your friend?! I made every single decision in that dream! I decided to let you kiss me! I decided to trust you! I decided to tell you I love you! I decided to open my mou-" He puts his hand on my mouth. "Don't say that while screaming."

"It's really okay, (Y/N). Let's just give it some time. For you to think, for you to get to mature more, for you to talk to other people and know if you really like me." "Muichiro, I really like you, I'm just nervous. You're right, I'm scared, of you hurting me, but it's not because I don't trust you, let's give it sometime, but not the way you're saying. If you like me back the way I like you, then let's give it sometime together. For me to feel reassured into trusting you, for you to know if you like how I am when it comes to this type of relationship. If you like to go on dates with me. If you like my family. For me to get used to people, specially people my age, to see if I can finally get some friends. Like if I was your girlfriend and you were my boyfriend, but just a bit more calm, a bit more experimentally, to see if I'm actually fit to be what you'd like in a girlfrien-" "I love you, you're what I want in a girlfriend." He looks at me blushing. I blush. "Even if I'm in Tokyo?" "Of course, you came all the way here just because you got worried for me because of a dream. I'm sure I can go just to visit you, and we can talk through the phone." She nods. "Then can I be your whatever's between friends and girlfriend?" He nods. "But you have to promise that once you think you've gotten used to society you'll actually be my girlfriend. I think you're pretty mature for not having been in society for two years."

"How's school?" "People think I'm dating a ghost." "Why?" "Turns out there were two guys watching that time I held your hand before you woke up and the moon reflected on you somehow."