Chapter 1: Silverfur

You can appreciate the light but before that, you have to know the darkness, and most cats don't know how beautiful the darkness is. Silverfur knew the darkness inside and out, her parents almost killed her many times, and didn't acknowledge her. Until she left her parents to go to EmberClan, she visited her parents to show how much she changed, then she almost died again, she killed her parents. That was the worst thing to possibly do, Silverfur came back to EmberClan. She became a warrior and isn't evil, which is a big surprise to her.

Silverfur yawned as she woke up, the warriors' den was dark but some light filtered through the leaves and branches. Her mate, Nightfang poked his head into the warriors' den and mewed, " Silverfur, you should eat something, it's almost sunlight."

Silverfur nodded, " Ok, Nightfang ''

she smiled. Silverfur padded out of the den and to the pile of a fresh kill, there were barely any cats in EmberClan since greencough wiped out almost everyone. She picked out a scrawny squirrel since it was leaf-bare. She sighed, " We need better hunting, especially since we don't have that many cats in the clan." Nightfang nodded, agreeing.

Dunekit, Rabbitpaw, Hollypaw and Sandpaw looked awful, their ribs were visible under their fur, and they were all sharing a small, scrawny vole. Silverfur frowned, the poor things, they didn't deserve this, especially in leaf-bare. Silverfur sat down beside Nightfang, he looked at Silverfur and mewed,

"I have to tell you something,"

Silverfur nodded, "What is it?"

Nightfang looked worried, "Well, I had a dream about a brown tom telling me something like, A dark force is coming, Five clans divided will now be united, together, you are stronger than you think, meet in the middle of all Clan territories on the quarter moon to find a vengeance-seeking Petal and a rouge Lavender, be ready for what lays before you is nothing you've seen before."

Silverfur tilted her head, "Well, tonight is the quarter moon, I'll come with you to the FiveOaks" Nightfang nodded, "I would appreciate it, thank you, Silverfur," he smiled.

Silverfur lowered her head to take a bite out of the vole, then she nosed the vole towards Nightfang, he lowered his head and took a bite as well, and before long the vole was gone. Silverfur sighed, 'It has been a long time since our clan has had a full stomach.' Nightfang rasped his tongue over Silverfur's ear sympathetically, she purred and smiled, pressing her muzzle to his. "I'll always help you, no matter what," she purred. Silverfur heard Falconstar say the familiar summons, "May all cats who are old enough to hunt under the dawn light gather below the SunRock" Silverfur and Nightfang padded over to the SunRock and looked up at Falconstar, "Rabbitpaw, Hollypaw and Sandpaw, step forward," Silverfur beamed as Sandpaw and her siblings were called one, since Sandpaw was her apprentice. "I, Falconstar, leader of DawnClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have worked hard to learn the ways of your noble code, and I commend them as warriors in their turn.
Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" The apprentices yowled in chores "We do!"

'Then by the powers of AuroraClan, I give you your warrior names. Rabbitpaw from this moment one you will be known as Rabbitvine. AuroraClan honours your reasonable thinking and courage, and we honour you as a full warrior of EmberClan." Falconstar padded to Rabbitvine and rested his head on his, and Rabbitvine licked his shoulder in respect. "Hollypaw from this moment on you will be known as Hollystep. AuroraClan honours your loyalty and bravery, and we honour you as a full warrior of EmberClan." Falconstar rested his head on Hollystep's head just like he had down with Rabbitvine, Hollystep kicked his shoulder and Falconstar padded up to Sandpaw, a gleam of pride in his eyes, "Sandpaw from this moment on you will be known as Sandheart. AuroraClan honours your good-heartedness and determination, and we honour you as a full warrior of EmberClan," he rested his head on Sandheart's head, and like Rabbitvine and Hollystep she licked his shoulder in respect.

"Rabbitvine, Hollystep, Sandheart!" The cats chanted. Silverfur smiled at Sandheart, she deserved being a warrior more than Silverfur did,

"You are going to do amazing things as a warrior," Silverfur purred at her former apprentice. Sandheart nodded, padding to the entrance of camp since the sun was setting. Hollystep and Rabbitvine joined their younger sister and sat down beside her. Nightfang purred and rasped his tongue over Silverfur's ear. Silverfur smiled, got up and looked over at Sandheart, 'I'll protect Sandheart with my dying breath and watch over Sandheart in AuroraClan' Silverfur vowed to herself.