Chapter 13: Stagmoon

Chapter 13: Stagmoon( Finale) 

Stagmoon gasped in surprise as Flamewhisker pushed her out of the way, as a boulder landed on him with a thud.

"No!" Stagmoon cried, she stopped running and tried digging at the boulder, "No, No, No!" She mewed tears falling from her cheeks, "Please, I love you Flamewhisker."

Fireflight and the others padded back to Stagmoon,

"Don't cry, we'll all miss him." The voice of Creeknight mewed beside Stagmoon. She looked at her brother,

"He can't be dead..." she whispered, "He just can't."

Fireflight padded beside Stagmoon, and opened her mouth to say something but didn't.

"We will hold a vigil tonight for Flamewhisker, and even if he joins AuroraClan he will finish the journey with us." Greystorm mewed, sitting beside Fireflight. Silverfur, Nightfang, Darksplotch and Fathompaw joined them.

Stagmoon smelt the scent of Flamewhisker,

'I will always love you, and whenever you need me I'll be at your side,' Stagmoon smiled, pressing her nose to the rock,

'Thank you, for everything,'

Fireflight sighed, "I saw this happen, and I couldn't save Flamewhisker." She mewed sadly. Greystorm shook his head,

"It was his destiny," he hesitated then pressed his muzzle to Fireflight's head. Stagmoon wondered why Greystorm and Fireflight seemed so close then that night when she guarded the fox den while they went out, they seemed so far apart and hated each other again, like when they all met the FiveOaks.

"We have a destiny," Fireflight mewed, then raised her voice a bit, "We all have a destiny, and we're going to finish what we started." Darksplotch sighed,

"This is all my fault, all because I believed what Tigerwhisker said, we have to go to the cave with the pointed stone right now, we have to do it before I can't fix what I've done."

Greystorm nodded, "Me, Fireflight, Nightfang, Creeknight and Fathompaw will go."

Nightfang looked at his mate worried, then looked at Greystorm.

"I'll go, so Nightfang can stay." Stagmoon mewed, getting up and walking beside Greystorm. Greystorm and Nightfang nodded, the grey warrior led the way back into the cave with the pointed stone, where they saw fire, but it was grey. Fireflight bounded forward, signalling for Greystorm to come with her. The flame showed Petalpaw from DawnClan and Lavender, Stagmoon only recognized them from FiveOaks, when they left. Then Stagmoon couldn't see anything else but Greystorm backed up,

"I told you, we can't, it's against the warrior code!"

Fireflight turned to him looking hurt, "It's our destiny, I could join PhantomClan, or...or-"

"Fireflight, I like you, you're a great warrior, but what if our clans found out?" Greystorm asked her.

"AuroraClan is showing us our destiny, Greystorm." Fireflight mewed, her fur looking like fire, as she brushed her fur against Greystorm's fur, he jumped back.

"The prophecy, your fur!" He mewed, the spot where Fireflight brushed against him, scorched.

"Oh! Are you alright, Greystorm?" she asked him, worry in her eyes. Stagmoon just sat and watched, not knowing how she could help her friends, and still grieving for her friend Flamewhisker.

"Of course I'm alright." he mewed.

Fireflight smiled and looked at the flame covered stone.

" Is this really our destiny?" Creeknight said, peeking over Greystorm's shoulder.

" Of course it is, do you think AuroraClan would lie to us?" Greystorm asked.

Creeknight flattened his ears.

Stagmoon flicked her tail over her paws as she sat down. Knowing there is an even longer journey ahead. 

Epilouge coming soon :) - Petalpine and Doveflower