Chapter 4: Greystorm

Greystorm watched as Petalpaw, Fathompaw, and Firepaw padded into Jaystar's den. The DawnClan camp was much different from the PhantomClan's. The sky was high above his head, heating his grey pelt.

Spottedfeather would love this place.

Greystorm's brother, Spottedfeather, loves the open sky and warmth. But their sister, Thrushleaf, is a different story. Greystorm loved his sister but, unlike his brother, she loved the darkness the forest provided for PhantomClan. At FiveOaks when Firepaw told them to leave quickly Greystorm just jumped into the nearest bush to hide, no way was he going to take orders from an apprentice! Plus he had a vision while he waited in the bush, 'The pointed rock will show you the way, a grey flame will appear, showing you what is near,' Greystorm recited this vision, 'I have to speak with Firepaw and Fathompaw!'

He gazed into the darkness with slitted eyes. He could make out the pelts of Firepaw and Fathompaw in the distance. Petalpaw and Lavender followed swiftly behind.

" You don't have to escort us!" Howled Firepaw.

A brown and white splotched she-cat growled back. " We don't know if you can be trusted yet."

Greystorm knew the accented voice of Frogmoon. He quickly saw the grey black pelts of the twins Brokenheart and Willowleaf. The DawnClan patrol was on edge. Frogmoon kept complaining that they have so much sunlight and they get all the shade.

" I actually like the sun." Brokenheart put in.

Willowleaf grunted. " It's okay, I guess."

Firepaw was still squeaking like a scared squirrel. Greystorm rolled his eyes. Firepaw was pretty but was big mouthed and open minded. And loud.

Frogmoon looked like she was going to claw Firepaw's ear off. Brokenheart kept staring at Fathompaw. He didn't take his eyes off of her. Willowleaf just kept her eyes on the ground.

Fathompaw growled at her sister.

" Don't you start a fight, Firepaw. It's five against two."

I will have to speak to them when they cross this bush.

Greystorm hissed to Firepaw. " Hey! Firepaw! Over here!"

The young apprentice looked around with confusion. Fathompaw stopped and glanced into the bush as if she could see him.

She can't see me, she's blind!

Frogmoon, Brokenheart,Willowleaf, and Petalpaw didn't notice.

" Greystorm!?" Firepaw howled.

" Shut up Firepaw!" He hissed.

"Why should I be quiet when you are in DawnClan territory!?"

"I had a vision, the pointed rock will show you the way, a grey flame will appear, showing you what is near, tell Fathompaw and make sure you go to FiveOaks tonight!" Greystorm hiss in a hushed voice. Firepaw nodded and raced back to Frogmoon, Brokenhearn, Willowleaf, Petalpaw and Fathompaw. Greystorm couldn't see Lavender, when Greystorm looked around and something landed on his back, he rolled out of the bushes trying to get the thing off his back, but got noticed by the patrol. Frogmoon curled her lip and snarled.

" PhantomClan! On DawnClan territory!" Greystorm then heard Lavender's voice on top of him,

"I found him talking to Firepaw about a vision," she hissed, Greystorm sighed, hoping Lavender didn't hear the part where Firepaw and Fathompaw had to meet him and the other cat at FiveOaks tonight.

"I'll leave and never come back if you just let me go," Greystorm mewed, trying to be reasonable. Frogmoon scoffed,

"Like you would actually do that."

"I swear, by AuroraClan, I won't come back onto your territory unless there's a border fight." Greystorm told Frogmoon.

Frogmoon recoiled and growled at Lavender.

" Let the mouse brain go. It would be a waste of energy if we killed him. Not speaking of which we would be at battle with PhantomClan if we were to do so."

Lavender chuckled. " But it would have been so fun to see the life drain from his eyes."

Petalpaw padded over to her new clan mate and purred. " When you become a real apprentice and have a real mentor you will get to kill a lot of cats."

Lavender smirked. " I would love that."

"How about instead of talking about killing cats, we just let Greystorm leave and we never have to see him again?" Firepaw meowed. Lavender sighed but got off of Greystorm, he scrambled up and then bolted out of DawnClan territory.