Chapter 6: Flamepaw

Flame smiled as Robinstar called a meeting, he knew that he was going to be made a warrior, he fought off a fox and caught lots of fresh-kill that he was practically a whole hunting patrol all by himself. Stonespirit sat at the bottom of the rock with pride glowing in his amber eyes. Stonespirit's mate, Weatherglaze, was scolding their kits ruthlessly for venturing into the forest alone causing the death of Ivykit, her daugher. Stonespirit was very depressed by his kit's death but chose not to show it for the clan's sake. Swallowflower was chilling outside the Elders' den. Even Though the elder was deaf she loved to come outside and watch the kits and apprentices become warriors or apprentices. Shredtail was sitting with his apprentice, Heatpaw, near Swallowflower making sure she had no ticks or something. Hollowkit and Featherkit had snuck away from their crude mother to go and watch for when they become apprentices in two moons. Bramblekit and Tawnykit were too busy arguing with Weatherglaze for her to notice that the other two of her kits had left. Honeypebble, Rubberfoot, Sparkshadow, and Briarstorm had just gotten back from a border patrol. Mylerpaw and Bloomerpaw were at their heels. "Flame has proved himself over and over again in the past half moon, So in this honor I shall make him a warrior in his turn. Flamepaw, from this moment on you shall be known as Flamewhisker. AuroraClan thanks you for your courage and bravery." " Flamewhisker! Flamewhisker! Flamewhisker!"

Robinstar leaped off of the AmberRock and rested her muzzle on his head. Stonespirit bows his head to Flamewhisker in acknowledgement. Flamewhisker licked Robinstar's shoulder in respect, then backed away, smiling proudly. Mylerpaw and Bloomerpaw raced over to him in celebration.

"You're a warrior now!" Bloomerpaw meowed happily.

"Congrats! You earned it!" Mylerpaw smiled.

Bloomerpaw and Mylerpaw smiled in happiness. Mylerpaw and Bloomerpaw were rogues in a farm not far from DawnClan territory. Maplewish and her patrol had found them and taken them into MapleClan but then was accused of the murder of the former deputy, Birdtoe. But Robinstar was there when they were exiled and took them into SunsetClan. Mylerpaw's mentor, Honeypebble, came bounding to her apprentice.

" Mylerpaw! There you are! We have a Dusk Patrol to do!"

Bloomerpaw bounced in excitement. " Can I come too!?"

Honeypebble shrugged. " You would have to ask Hawkthorn ."

Tallpaw bounded over to Honeypebble. " Honeypebble!. Hawkthorn wants to talk to you!"

Honeypebble sighed and mewed. " Make him wait. I'm trying to take my apprentice out one last time."

" Why do you have to go?" Flamewhisker asked.

Honeypebble looked at the ground. " My brother is sick. I must go and take care of him while I can."

" But you don't have to leave the clan!"

Honeypebble stiffened when Hawkthorn stood beside her. " She just does okay!? Now stop whining!"

Flamewhisker was taken aback by the rude tone. Tallpaw whispered to Hawkthorn. Hawkthorn chuckled and then nodded.

Honeypebble had a sad look on her face. Honeypebble's sister, Shrewfur, growled at Hawkthorn from a distance. Shrewfur was Tallpaws , Mousewhisker, and Sapwhisker's mother. The medicine-cat apprentice, Sapwhisker, glared at him with his mother. Hawkthorn ignored their angry gazes and whispered back to Tallpaw. " Meet me outside the camp tonight." He whispered.

Tallpaw nodded.

No, I'm leaving tonight! I will have to find out later.

***