Chapter 14: Ghostly Research

"Okay, so I'll look up places in New Jersey, and you can check New York," Blowhole said, already typing into the search bar. "Surely we'll find something, but if not, we can check Pennsylvania, too."

Kowalski nodded and looked at the little laptop. "Okay, I found a list."

"Let's hear it."

"Okay." He scrolled down. "There's the Palmyra History museum—"

"Let's not do a museum. We'll have to deal with too many humans that way. They may skew our results."

"Alright ...Amityville Horror House? Oh wait, no. That's currently lived in. Uh, Buffalo Central Terminal?"

"Next."

"Rolling Hills Asylum?"

"Boring. Next."

"Belhurst castle and winery?"

Blowhole tapped his rostrum thoughtfully. "A scientific investigation and wine? Not bad...We'll list that as a maybe..." He looked around for a moment. He could have sworn he had a white board around somewhere. "Do you have your clipboard on you?"

"Always." Kowalski took out his clipboard and wrote it down. "It says here it has been a casino, a speakeasy, a supper club, and is now a hotel. It's thought to be haunted by an Italian opera singer who was crushed by a tunnel collapse while waiting for her lover."

"Not bad, but what's next?"

"Sleepy Hollow Cemetery."

"That's like Headless Horseman nonsense, right?"

"Yep."

"Go ahead and put that one on the maybe list, too. What else?"

"Forest Park Cemetery? They have bleeding statues."

Blowhole shook his head. "That's easy to fake. Next."

"Marjim Manor winery."

"Wine and ghosts is still a great combination, but does it have anything else to offer?"

Kowalski scrolled down. "It might have a ghost dog?"

"Eh, not good enough. Anything else?"

"That exhausts my list."

"Okay, then listen to what I found." Blowhole turned back to his computer. "There's Devil's Tower in Alpine. Story is kind of bland on that one though. The Pine Barrens might be cool."

Kowalski closed his computer and looked at him. "That's where the Jersey Devil supposedly lives, right?"

"Yeah."

"I'll list that as a maybe."

"The Gates of Hell in Clifton."

"What the kipper is that?"

Blowhole clicked on a link. "Network of storm drains...Animal sacrifices, Red Eyed Mike the guard ghost."

"So it's a haunted sewer?"

"Pretty much."

"Ew. Anything else?"

"Clinton Road."

"A haunted road?"

"Apparently one of the most haunted roads in the US."

Kowalski opened his computer again. "Clinton Road, you said?" he asked as he started searching for it.

"Yeah." Blowhole looked over Kowalski's shoulder.

"Mob murders, haunted bridge, ghost camaro, strange animals, cultists...."