Chapter 20

Narrator's POV

"Hyung," A voice called out to Jongkook. He turned around to see a tall figure at his doorway of his waiting room. It was Kwangsoo.

He had send his manager and stylists home for the day so that he could spend time with Somin but here Kwangsoo was, determined to ask him about what happened.

Jongkook pretended to be busy by organising his items in his fanny pack. "What?" He asked, acting as if he didn't know why Kwangsoo came. Jongkook heard him sigh and stood infront of him. "You're going to keep quiet, hyung?" Kwangsoo asked daringly.

Jongkook looked up at him in astonishment. "What are you talking about?" He continued to pretend. Kwangsoo crossed his arms. "I saw you patting Somin's knee and smiling at her so cheesily. What's up with that?" Kwangsoo pestered on.

"I'm her guide, Kwangsoo. We've gotten close. What do you expect?" Jongkook lied. Kwangsoo was quiet for a few seconds. "Weren't you the one who intentionally pushed her away from the start?" Kwangsoo suddenly asked.

Jongkook frowned. "Why are you even assuming? And it doesn't matter. Shouldn't you be glad that your members are getting along now?" He answered, feeling slightly irritated. Kwangsoo sighed.

"It's not that, hyung. She told me once that you've hurt her by being neglectful. So, as a friend, I was just concerned that you are playing her feelings or something," Kwangsoo softly said with a serious tone.

Jongkook's breath hitched at his words. "She was hurt?" He asked. "What did you expect, hyung?" Kwangsoo shrugged. Jongkook took a deep breath and exhaled at that information.

"So? What's going on with you and Somin? You can tell me, hyung. You know I'm trustworthy, unlike my onscreen personality," Kwangsoo stated. Jongkook glanced at him, unsure.

"It's not that, Kwangsoo-ya..." Jongkook paused. "We haven't even started going out and you're already suspecting," He mumbled under his breath, running a hand through his hair.

"Then, you guys are actually getting to know each other as a man and a woman?" Kwangsoo exclaimed. "Oh my god. This is crazy. How? When?" Kwangsoo got excited by the confirmed information.

Jongkook chuckled at his reaction. "Now, don't be nosy, dude. It just happened, alright? You have to keep this a secret, okay? Don't even show that you know about us. Somin would probably feel overwhelmed, knowing that you found out," Jongkook added.

Kwangsoo just nodded with a wide smile. "You finally have a girlfriend. I'm going to cry now," Kwangsoo joked, pretending to wipe off tears. Jongkook shooked his head with a laugh. "Now, go already. I'm meeting Somin in awhile," Jongkook shoo-ed him off by grabbing his arm and gently pulled him out of the waiting room.

"Tsk, you and your short-tempered personality," Kwangsoo bickered, pulling away from Jongkook's grasp. Kwangsoo was about to say goodbye until he saw another short figure coming.

"Oh, look. It's Somin," He eagerly waved at her as she briskly walked towards them with a smile. Jongkook turned around, suppressing his smile. "Oppa," She greeted Kwangsoo and gave a sweet smile to Jongkook.

Kwangsoo's lip tugged upwards at the short exchange between them. He wished the best for them. "Alright, I'll get going now. Stay safe," Kwangsoo pat Somin's shoulder and gave a mischievous smile to Jongkook before walking away.

~~~

Jongkook insisted to drive Somin's car as Somin relentlessly gave the car keys to him. "You sure?" She hesitated but still placed it on his hand. "I'm a good driver, alright?" He assured her and got into the driver's seat.

Somin sat on the passenger's seat, buckling her seatbelt. "So, where to?" Jongkook asked while he started the engine. "Let's eat. I'm hungry after running around all day long," Somin suggested, rubbing her belly.

Jongkook's lip tugged upwards as she did that, finding it cute. "It's evening, though. Don't you think every restaurant would be full?" Jongkook stated, driving out of the carpark. "I have no idea. Should we get take-outs or a drive-through?" She asked, looking at him with her head was leaning onto her seat.

"Take-outs sounds good. There's not many drive-through places around here," He replied, his gaze focusing on the road. "Alright then. You want to order now?" She questioned, taking out her phone.

"Yeah. Then, we can go somewhere to sit and eat. Or you want your car to smell like food," He added with a grin. "Definitely the first option," She quickly browsed through an app with nearby restaurants that has a take-out option.

~~~

"I'll be back in a minute," Somin said to Jongkook to collect their food in a bunsik restaurant. Somin walked into the restaurant, wearing a cap to hide her identity. She scanned the crowd. The restaurant was mostly full with teenagers, who were causing loud noises in the restaurant.

She was relieved that they ordered take-out. As she waited for their food, a conversation captured her attention. "Hey, you watched the Running Man episode last week?" A female voice asked to her friend.

"Yeah, what about it?" Her friend questioned. "Don't you think Somin is annoying?" She laughed as she said that. Somin's heart clenched with sadness. She felt herself frown. She bit her lower lip in frustration.

"Ah, the new member? I agree. She was taking most of the screen time by laughing and screaming? Who does that?" Her friend answered, laughing along. Somin gulped the rising lump in her throat.

"Number 879!" The worker called out. Her attention on the teenager's conversation paused and she quickly retrieved the food. Somin thanked the worker with a bow.

She quickly got out of the restaurant to breathe. She laughed humorlessly. She walked slowly to the car, her head full of thoughts. She never bothered to check comments on social media since she rarely updates but now, she knew what viewers really thought of her.

"Oh, Somin! Why are you taking so long?" Jongkook complained, walking up to her. He took the food from her. His eyes found hers when she kept quiet. "What? Why are you crying?" Jongkook quickly put the food in the car and cupped her face gently, examining her.

He wiped her tears with a worried expression. Somin only stared at him in pain. She bitterly smiled and shooked her head. "Somin..." He took off her cap and caressed her hair to comfort her.

"Can I ask you something?" Her voice croaked out, pulling his hand away from her face. "Of course," Jongkook replied, squeezing her hand in support.

"Am I annoying?"