◦•●◉✿ Chapter 1 ✿◉●•◦

Quick note: Author edits will be signified by bold letters, (parenthesis), and ◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

I woke up this morning and started getting ready for my first day at my new school, Aoba Johsai, as a second-year. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it. I started changing into my uniform and preparing my things before heading downstairs to get breakfast. My mother walked out of her room as I entered the kitchen, rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"You leaving already?" She asked while lazily scratching her stomach.

"Yeah," I said quietly while i grabbed a frosted pastry off the counter. "Where's Dad?"

"He already left. Did you need something?"

I shook my head and unwrapped my pastry as I made my way towards the front door. I waved to my mom before leaving. I ate my breakfast as I walked to school. Plugging in my headphones, I turned on something chill to listen to on the way. The walk wasn't too long, and there was hardly any interruption on the way there. Once I reached the school, I kept my head down and made my way to the auditorium for the entrance ceremony. I would have struggled to find it if not for the campus map that I printed off.

I found a seat near the back entrance and sat down while I waited for the ceremony to start. I opened my phone to check my messages while I waited. No one's texted me since last night. I was about to put my phone away when a figure sat down next to me. I didn't want to sit there awkwardly while doing nothing, so I pretended to look through my phone, absentmindedly scrolling through media. I looked back at some old photos I had of me and my friends before I transferred. I smiled nostalgically, remembering all the fun we had. The person next to me must have noticed my smile and leaned over to get a better look at me.

"Are those your friends?" He asked.

I looked up to see a guy with flawless brown hair and beautiful brown eyes. He was quite attractive, but he looked like the type that might break someone's heart.

"Yeah," I said, slightly turning my phone away from him. He smiled gently.

I simply nodded my head, wary of starting a conversation with someone I haven't met. He looked like he was going to say something else, but was interrupted by the microphone on the stage. We both turned our heads to the announcer while she spoke. I payed as much attention as I could, but the boy next to me kept turning to look at me every few seconds.

After a moment, it started to become irritating. "Can I help you?" I asked passive-aggressively.

He shook his head and turned his attention back to the announcer, as did I. The ceremony dragged on for quite awhile. It quickly became very dull and having to just sit there became unbearable. I was starting to get agitated and I was anxious to get out of there. I guess the male next to me noticed my impatience and turned to me, giving me a goofy smile.

I gave him a lopsided smile of my own. He seemed pleased with himself for making me smile and proceeded to make a number of silly faces at me, causing me to laugh a bit. We must have gotten too carried away, as my laughing was heard by other students and I got hushed. I apologized and buried my face in my hands out of embarrassment. The boy let out a small laugh of his own. I scowled at him, but something about him made it impossible to stay upset for very long.

We sat in silence through the rest of the announcements. I looked through my phone and messaged a few people while waiting for it to end. The male continued to watch me, but I attempted to block him out for the fear of embarrassing myself again. When the ceremony finally concluded, I stood up and started to leave.

"Uh, hey-" the boy approached me again, but he was interrupted.

"Hey, Shittykawa, where do you think you're going?" a voice shouted from across the auditorium. A guy with spikey hair was calling out to him from a few rows over.

I chose to ignore them and left the room to start looking for my class, not wanting to get involved. I left the poor guy alone to deal with his friend as I made my way out.

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

3/1/2021

11:58pm

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦