◦•●◉✿ Chapter 7 ✿◉●•◦

"Can I walk you home?" Oikawa asked as he ran up to me.

"Uh, sure?" I replied.

Oikawa grinned and left to collect his things and change out of his jersey before we left. We left the gym and started walking towards my house. I was enjoying the comfortable silence that lasted for about 5 minutes before Oikawa decided to open his mouth.

"So, uh," he scratched the back of his head, looking for something to say. "What do you like to do?"

"Hm? Oh, uhmm..." I thought for a moment. "I guess reading? I like art too..."

"What about singing? Or can you play any instruments?"

"I'd say I'm a pretty decent singer. And the only instrumental talent I have is on the recorder," I laughed awkwardly.

"Ever played any sports?"

"Oh GOD no. I'm awful at sports," I sighed loudly. "I played soccer for a bit as a kid, but even then I was bad. I just don't get it at all."

"Well I'm sure you'll learn something if you help manage our team. I'll even teach you!" Oikawa winked at me for the billionth time today.

I felt my face heat up a little. Stop doing that! I mentally scolded myself. I turned to Oikawa and flashed him a smile, trying not to make it seem forced. "You're really hung up on that aren't you?" he laughed nervously at my response. "Why me though?" I shifted my gaze to the ground. "We barely know each other. Wasn't there someone else you could ask?"

He stopped and stared at me for a moment. I didn't realize he had stopped and I ended up walking a few steps ahead of him before noticing the loss of his presence. When my eyes met his, he simply smiled. A smile somewhat different from the ones he had shown me before, though I couldn't quite place how so. "... I guess," he started to respond. "I just find you interesting."

I looked at him in confusion. "Okay?" I said, though it was more of a question than an answer. "Well, uh, my house is just a ways up ahead, so, I think imma just go," I pointed my thumb in the direction of my house over my shoulder. Oikawa nodded and waved, turning around to leave.

"See you tomorrow," he smiled again.

"Yeah, sure," I said as I waved back. Once he was out of sight, I walked the rest of the way home and went inside.

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

Oikawa's POV

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

As I turned around and walked back to my house, I buried my face in my hands and shook my head. Tooru, you idiot! I cursed myself internally. Now they must think you're weird! Why did you say that?! As I was screaming in my brain, trying to shake the embarrassment of what I said away, my phone started vibrating. I took it out of my pocket to see Iwa was calling me. I picked up the call.

"Oi, Shittykawa, you better not have done anything stupid to them," he immediately reprimanded me.

"Hey, why do you always assume I'm being a scumbag?!" I shouted at him.

"I'm just making sure you don't screw up," he replied plainly.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Hey Iwa-chan?" I asked.

He didn't say anything, but I could tell he was waiting for me to continue talking. "How do you know if you like someone?"

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

3/28/2021

10:56am

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

Do y'all like longer or shorter chapters?