◦•●◉✿ Chapter 4 ✿◉●•◦

A/N: I know I mentioned this previously, but I'm deciding I'll use honorifics, simply to make the story more authentic.

I just don't feel comfortable using honorifics or random Japanese phrases, because I had a MAJOR legitimate weeaboo phase in middle school and it was just SO embarrassing and it got me in a lot of trouble.

I just don't wanna seem like a weeaboo again or culturally appropriate.

I neglected to mention this, but after y/n exited the infirmary, Oikawa told them about Iwa.

Just for clarification. ✨

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

Classes had finished for the day and I was about to head home when my teacher called for me. I walked towards her desk and asked her what she wanted.

"Could you take this paper to Oikawa Tooru?" she handed me a slip of paper.

I looked at her, confused. "Why me?"

"I noticed you talking to him earlier during lunch. You're his friend right? I'd do it myself, but I'm a little preoccupied right now," she looked at me with complete indifference.

"Friend? No, I'm not-" I started to protest, but she started to glare at me. I sighed and gave in, fearing punishment. I took the paper from the desk.

She grinned at me. "Thank you. He should be at volleyball practice right now."

I left the room with the paper, feeling more guilty than I probably should. I had to ask around to find the volleyball court. Almost as soon as I entered, I was stopped by a man who i assumed was the coach.

"What do you want?" He stared me dead in the eyes with an intimidating expression.

I reached into my bag and pulled out the paper. "This is for Oikawa-san, it's from Harada-sensei."

He took the paper from me and called Oikawa over. The brown haired male made his way towards us and was handed the paper. He looked it over quickly and thanked his coach. He was about to go back to practice when he noticed me standing behind the man. He smiled and waved at me. I waved back.

"You know them?" The coach asked in a rough voice.

Oikawa nodded. "They're a friend of mine," he said before turning back to me. "You can stay and watch if you want."

I shook my head, but he gave me a sad look. Once again, I caved in. I decided I'd stay by the doorway and watched the team warm up before starting practice. Oikawa and Iwaizumi were arguing with each other again. That seems to happen a lot. I looked around at the other guys on the team. They seemed like an odd group of people.

I observed their practice from the doorway, watching as they played against each other. Oikawa was on the side of the net opposite to me, and they were starting the game off with him as a server.

I wonder if he's any good...

Just as I thought that, he tossed the ball in the air and jumped up to hit it. His hand made contact with the ball for a split second before it came careening my direction. I screeched and tried to move to the side in terror. Thankfully I was able to move in time and the ball barely missed me. The ball flew out of the court completely. We all watched in silence as it passed me.

"Oh my god..." I muttered. "Are you TRYING to kill me!?" I swung my head around to shout at Oikawa.

He looked at me apologetically and raised his hands in defences.

"WHAT THE HELL DID I DO TO YOU!? HOLY CRAP YOU'RE ANNOYING!!" I continued to rage. Everyone stared at me as I yelled endlessly, aiming daggers at Oikawa.

"You really need to stop picking on the new kid," Iwaizumi added as he deadpanned.

"H- Hey now, I'm not- I didn't mean to-" Oikawa fumbled with his words yet again. "Why are you guys so mean to me?"

I ignored him and went to go pick up the ball. I brought it back to the court and gave it a pitiful throw over the net, aiming it at Oikawa. He caught it with ease.

"I hope both sides of your pillow are warm!" I pulled on my lower eyelid and stuck out my tongue before turning around and leaving.

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦

3/7/2021

12:56am

◦•●◉✿ ✿◉●•◦