CHAPTER - 25

"Quick! My bones are freezing!"

"it's-it's too high!" Tauriel yelled from the ground.

"Oi Legolas! From whom do you inherit that brain!?"

"Could you please shut that hole in the middle of your face Glorfindel!" Legolas yelled from the top of the tree.

"Legolas tilt it a bit towards your right"

"Wait no! To my right!"

"A little to my left..."

"Damn! Adran! This is heavy to hold!" Legolas aggressively tied the rope on a nearby the and reached the ground with three swift jumps.

"Now that's what I was talking about," Said Adran.

"Nienná love this wild smell" Alaînien said while taking a deep breath from fresh pine leaves.

"Are they awake yet?" He asked from Alaînien while wiping his hands.

"No. And do not dare! to wake them up!"

Everyone passed mischievous grins among eachother for her words.

"Ugh! Nah naah! It's not what y'all think"

Everyone escaped a desperated sigh with that.

"Glorfindel. Where are the firewood?"

"You don't have to doubt this Glorfindel"

"I know, I know" Legolas said with a chuckle.

"Since when has Glorfindel ever failed to work on trouble."

"Valar! If I knew this would be this quick, I would've slept a bit longer" Legolas said while sharing a glare with Tauriel.

"It's better to go first even to the halls of Mandos" Tauriel said with a chuckle.

=================================

Thin threads of light poured in from the mist like thin curtains of the opened balcony. Trees were chilled with the coldness of Autumn and grounds were coated with different shades of Orange and brown. And there is this special kind of birds that start to roam in greenwood as Autumn starts. They looks like little feather balls. Furry, milky and tiny. Little crystals of water rested among their feathers. Bunches of them rested on the naked branches of magnificent trees. From a distance, it seems like bunches white apples had formed on trees.

Among all of them, there lied the two elves like two perfect moulds, locked in eachother's warmth. They were entwined like firm roots of two trees. Nature provided them the perfect melody of silence to enjoy their long awaited reunion.

A moment after Thranduil's eyes started to flutter. Looking down and the peaceful view of his sleeping beauty, he stared at the carved roof of his chamber. It has never been such a pleasing morn for him. Waking up with his the warmth of loved one. He felt the joy of nature, joy of his people and joy of his heart. Never did he expect for his life to be pleasing as such.

He felt the slight movements of Nienná on his torso, shivering with the chills of the breeze. With a lite smile he covered her small figure with his firm arms. Nienná's mouth opened to it's maximum extent and she escaped a long yawn.

She sheepishly opened an eye and glared at Thranduil for his giggle.

"You literally are a sloth" he said while looking down at her.

"Wait!" She looked into his face carefully, lifting her face closer towards his.

"What?"

Gently and cautiously, she lift up his wound dressings. And that's when her eyes went wide.

"Where did they go!?"

With a chuckle, "they are still there. It's just the illusion of my enchantment" he replied.

"Oh! Does it still hurts"

"Not much, thanks to lord Elrond"

Laying a gentle peck on his cheek, she lied back oh his torso.

"Is that all?"

"Mm hm!"

"What FOR!?"

"That's for leaving me sleepless, foodless and dreamless for millennia."

"You see my eyes!?"

"Yes?"

"They're sore and I'm having eye bags! And I haven't bathed for a long time. My hair is sticky like vax"

"Well I don't see that" Thranduil said with a giggle.

Making a weird face for him, she got up dizzily. Stretching almost every muscle of her body, she grabbed his robe, and walked towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"If Alaînien see me like this, she will bath me for hours endlessly."

"I'll see you in a while," opening the door, she halted. "Mel nîn," and she closed the door behind.

It all felt like a dream yet. It kept playing on her mind, the way he opened his eyes like a fragile infant. She was glad to see the kingdom back alive. Everyone and everything reached back as what they were. The guards who stood like sculptures covered with gold plates, had their lips curled up to a little smile. Or a smirk.

In the middle of everything, she saw the three, Legolas, Adranand Glorfindel, walking with some sacks and a bucket mischievously in the stairway towards Thranduil's private chamber.

Before she knew, someone covered her mouth and eyes. And in the next moment she knew she that she was being carried by someone. Nienná tried to scream, kick and do whatever it takes her to get away from him. But her strength wasn't enough to fight against the strong arms.

It wasn't just one but many, Nienná heard many footsteps including the pair that carried her.

===========================
Hold on! HOLD. ON. What just happened? See in the next.

Alright. A lil experience from my time in Mirkwood since it's Christmas in here.

🍁Those lil autumn birds are really cute. They are like those lil fluffy balls in angry bird. They keep traveling from kingdom to kingdom, searching for a cold climate. They could be clearly seen highlighted in the beginning of Autumn since the dark shades of nature and is almost camouflage during winter.

It's almost Christmas in Earth and the chills of Christmas is just- amazing. I hope you all will enjoy this beautiful month🌲⛄.

LeilaneSagaray
Froxy48
SerlinaHatch
Mahima_perera_16
(Thank you for continuous encouragements lovelies ❣️)