Chapter four

For the next hour Sam explained everything. Well almost everything. His details were vague and it felt like he was leaving things out. Dean honestly didn't care though. He was just grateful to have his brother back.

"Dead?" This isn't happening. My oldest child couldn't be dead. I shot up my seat so suddenly I almost knocked it over.
"Yes Lucy. He's gone. We decided after that not to have more children. I went to a clinic and everything. I'm sorry baby but it's true." I felt like the whole world dropped out from beneath me and all the air was sucked from my lungs as I tried to understand the words he just said. I put my hand to my chest and tried to grab from Dean as I lost feeling in my legs. He grabbed me by my elbows and helped me back to my chair. He then kissed my forehead and wrapped me in his arms. The pain hit me so suddenly and so hard I was completely blindsided.

Three hours later I was lying in bed, my eyes burned from the tears that stopped flowing an hour ago. The pain was still unbearable and it seemed to get worse with every passing moment.
I heard the door open and Dean slowing walked into the dark room. Neither of us spoke, I just laid there, silently staring at the wall.
"Hey." He said softly. I shuffled a bit and pulled the comforter tighter around me. "You want to eat anything?"
"Not really." My voice cracked a little and I wiped away the fresh tears as they fell. I heard Dean take a deep breath before walking away and closing the door.

"Sam I'm still confused. How did you get back? Your weren't only in hell but in Lucifer's cage. No one comes back from that." Dean asked as they started in on their second beers.
"I honestly don't know. One minute I'm in the pit then the next I'm back in that field."
"With no memories?"
"None. I don't know what to tell you Dean that's all I remember." Sam explained leaning back in his chair. Dean didn't want to except this. He didn't trust it. Every experience in his life taught him not to trust this. Every good comes with a price.
"What have you been up too? How long have you been back?" Sam seemed a bit shy all of the sudden and it didn't go unnoticed. "Sam? How long?"
"A year."

I'm sorry for the extra long wait. I've been going through a lot. I know it's short but I wanted to make sure to post something today.