Chapter seven

"Dean, do you mind taking care of the kids tonight? I have a thing so I'll be out kind of late." Dean turned to see Lisa standing in the doorway of the kitchen. He had told the boys to go to their rooms and play video games and finish whatever homework they had so he and Sam could talk. Sam had come back not long after they all returned to the house.
"Uh, yeah I guess." He answered. Lisa didn't respond. She was too busy gawking at Sam. He hadn't wanted to tell her something like Sam's return over text and he hadn't really seen Much of her since he came back.
"Hi Lis." Was all Sam said. He just waved a little wave and gave her a small smile. She visibly shook her shock away and returned the smile.
"Hi Sam." She then looked to Dean. "Does this mean..."
"No. She's not back. We're still figuring this out. But I am going to try. If we can have one we can have both." She nodded and turned to walked away. Dean turned to Sam and asked again.
"So you really have NO idea how you're back? Nothing?" He shook his head.
"Not a clue. I just woke up in that field alone. I've been trying contact Cass but he's just gone or not listening. I've been trying to figure it all out myself for a year now." Dean nodded again. This was frustrating. He just wanted his wife back. There had to be a clue somewhere. Anything that would give him the answers he needed to get Lucy back.

Dean wasn't talking anymore. He's been walking a pace or two ahead of me silently as we walked back to the house. It took me a moment to remember but this is the house we're DJ and I lived before he called Dean into our lives. I never sold it in this life. Never had a reason too I guess.
Once we stepped inside I went straight to the shower. I turned the water on as hot as my skin could handle and just waited for the feelings to stop surging through my body. My heart was hurting, my body was tired and sore, and now I am grieving the family I'm never going to have.
I didn't notice when the shower turned cold, not until Dean knocked on the door. That was when I realized I was freezing. My teeth were chattering and my hands were shaking violently. Dean walked in then and turned the water off, swearing under his breath.
"Lucy come on. Let's warm you up." He brought me into our room and sat me on the bed before going to get more blankets from the hall linen closet.
"You have got to stop doing that, Lucy. I understand that this is a lot to process but you can't just sit in an ice cold shower. Not that long. You remember last time?" I just shook my head, pulling the blankets tighter around me. He seemed to really look at me then and took in a deep breath before sitting next to me on the bed.
"I'm sorry about before. I didn't mean for it to get that loud. I know you're confused." I looked up at him, teeth still chattering.
"I'm just so lost. Everything that I remember doesn't exist. I had three beautiful children and now I don't even have one. Why is this happening?" I felt the entire weight of my grief begin to crush me almost completely as my husband tried to comfort me.