Chapter eight

Dean sat by himself in the impala for a while. There had to be a way to get Lucy out of the cage. There just had to be. He did this almost everyday ever since that day in the cemetery. He couldn't understand why Sam was freed from the cage but not his wife. She didn't sign up for this. Sam knew what he was doing and what was going to happen to him. However he was saved, he hates to admit it should have been Lucy.

"Dean, I'm running late I need you to get the kids today." Lisa said as he walked in the door. He just nodded. She seemed to notice his demeanor and stopped as she slipped her bag on her shoulder.
"How are you doing? I know Sam was a surprise." She asked quietly. Dean just took in a breath and he tried to find an answer.
"Not good Lis. I just keep picturing her there in that place and it hurts even more. She doesn't deserve this." He felt the prickle of tears begin as he explained. Lisa understood. They themselves where the only ones who knew exactly where Lucy was. They had just told the kids that she had died.
"Dean, I know your right she didn't deserve that but there's nothing we can do. She's gone and we have to deal with that. I'm sorry but it's been a year. It's time to move on." Dean walked over to the fridge and took out a bottle of water.
"I know but whoever or whatever did this, did they have to leave her? And why didn't they save her instead? Sam asked for this she didn't."
"Dean I don't have any of the answers you need. Hell I need the same one but unfortunately this is the reality of the situation. Now I need to leave I'm late. Just take it minute to minute, Dean. I know the hits keep coming but it will get better. It has too."

I know it's short but I haven't posted much in so long I really apologize. I'm trying to get better at posting.