The Man With The Hoodie

A heavy thunder-clap broke the deep sleep within Kim Dokja's head, so that he roused himself, as would a person who is waked by force; and standing up erect, his rested eyes moved, and with a steady gaze he looked around to know where he might be.

Truth is, he found himself upon the verge of pain’s abysmal valley, which collects the thunder-roll of everlasting woes. So dark it was, so deep and full of mist, howsoever he gazed into its depths, nothing at all did he discern therein.

At this moment he thought he was already awake, but in reality, he was still unconscious. Suddenly, he jolted awake to cries and shrieks of terror. When he opened his eyes, all he could see was darkness and that horrifying sound was gone. 

Kim Dokja heaved a deep sigh, he was sitting on a chair in the middle of a dark room; his hands and feets are tied to the chair. Kim Dokja looks down, seeing that down the chair is a pool of blood. After seeing the blood, it was like his body remembered the state its in, so suddenly he was hit by a sudden wave of dizziness. 

Desperately and quickly, he tried to break free, but he was alerted by the sudden sound of footsteps.

The door opens, the person who entered walks towards the window and reached out to open the thick curtains... Blinding sunlight shone into the room. The man with the hoodie proceeded to open the windows, to let the cool, fresh air blow away the thick stench of blood in the house. 

He turned around to see Kim Dokja, who is littered with spots of dried blood. Under the sunlight, it looked like blooming flowers... As expected, no matter how unpleasant or repulsive something was, under the beautiful glow of the sunlight, anything could appear divine.

Kim Dokja didn't take his eyes off the man, he saw how he took out a bottle of hard liquor and sat by the window, staring blankly into the sunlight, watching as the sun gradually move westwards. Til the bright white light slowly became a blend of rich hues of red and orange, darkening bit by bit as the sun dipped...

"You are the murderer, right? The man who killed Yoo Sangha." Kim Dokja felt tired and couldn't speak very well.

The man laughed satisfied: "Murderer! Me? You should do a better job, detective."
He turned his gaze back inside, the blood splatter on Kim Dokja was art to his eyes. It seemed to have regained its dynamism under the remnant blood-red rays of sunlight peeking through the horizon. Like fresh blood oozing out from an open wound... Oh, what a sight to behold.

"What's so funny!" Kim Dokja yelled with anger, then he coughed some blood.

"Don't get so worked up, stay calm or you will die sooner than expected."

Kim Dokja knew his body is in a dangerous state, he already lost so many blood, if he's not saved in time he would certainly die.

"No one is going to save you." The man gets up and slowly walks towards Kim Dokja.

The detective's hands and feets are tied to the chair, his death is assured, whether he dies from blood loss or is killed by the man who is approaching him. Kim Dokja never imagined that he could die in this investigation, he never thought that the day of his death would come so soon.

Right at this moment Kim Dokja felt like the God of death waved his cold sickle and mercilessly reaped all forms of life. Although the detective felt how his life was slipping thru his hands, he was still hopeful that someone would come to save him, or that he could escape this predicament.

The man in the black hoodie, stood in front of Kim Dokja, he threw a pistol into the pool of blood: "I'm going to give you a chance Kim Dokja, you know, for the good times we spent together at school."