❀Oikawa❀

8 years have passed since the boys' lives were changed forever. They each have grown tremendously in skill, yet each has kept their biggest secret.

Kawa walked out the door ready to meet up with his friends, he was turning 15 today and wanted to escape. Akarai and Sara had moved out by this stage, leaving him, his mother and his father alone.

Akarai hadn't returned in many years, but Kawa knew he had married the man he loved. The wedding was private with just the Grooms and a priest. Kawa was slightly disappointed he didn't get to attend, but he understood the private attendance.

Sara was home visiting at the moment. In the past 8 years, she had given birth to a boy, divorced the father of Takeru and was living her best life. She was an inspiration to Kawa in every way possible, she never needed validation from others. She did what she wanted.

It was an ongoing tradition that the children of the town wouldn't leave until they reach the age of 15.

The boys learnt how to enjoy themselves in the forest and even got to know the younger children of the town.

They found out that there are three boys a year younger, and two that are two years younger than them.

Iwa's rockruff had evolved into dusk form Lycanroc, and he had caught a riolu and a noibat which had evolved into noivern. Iwa loved his pokemon, and they loved him. Iwa made sure they got fed to go with the diet of a pokemon of their type and size. They were never neglected.

Matsun's bubasaur had evolved into ivysaur, and he had caught blitzle and a driftloon that had been hanging around Kawa for the week before. The driftloon had tried to attach to Kawa but eventually got over the obsession.

Makki's Gible still had yet to evolve, but Oikawa's mother was convinced it would soon, Makki had also caught a Goomy and a Kantonian Corsola. The pokemon were good for the timid male, they would make sure he always felt safe when at home.

Kawa's Eevee had evolved into a Sylveon, and his sister gave him an alolan volpix. He kept thinking of a pokemon locked in a Pokeball like he was locked in his room all those times, causing him to struggle to catch pokemon without them wanting it.

They were all content with how life was going, minus the small voice in their heads that reminded the group of an unfortunate truth. A truth they didn't want to accept, a truth that would hurt more the longer they ignored it.

The truth is that they would never be able to love their friends and earn their love in return.

The forest outside became a play place for the group of 4, it was quiet and allowed them to grow as pokemon trainers.

"Ru, your friends are here," Kawa's mother called out.

"Coming, mama," Kawa responds. Kawa ran down his staircase to meet up with his friends.

"Still think it's unfair he refuses to answer to us when we call him Ru," Kawa could hear Mattsun complaining when he reached the bottom of the stairwell.

"Do I get to call you Issei?" Kawa asked.

"Point made," Mattsun sighed. Makki smiled slightly after he caught the eye of Iwa-Chan.

"We're gonna leave. Bye Mama," Kawa quickly hugged his mother before leaving with his friends.

"Forest?" Iwa-Chan asked.

"Forest," the other three confirmed.

Timeskip

The boys were sitting in a shaded clearing, their pokemon strolling around the area. Iwa's pokemon refused to relax and instead were training on the ground.