❀Iwaizumi❀

To clear up confusion before it strikes, this is similar to the pokemon contests in Kalos.

Iwa sat in the stands, eager to see what Makki and Kawa came up with. His grip on the voting device was showing his excitement for the performance, his grip may be a little too tight for it not to hurt Iwa as well.

As much as they would deny it, they were endlessly clever and knew how to take a crowd's breath away.

They were sure to have a great plan and as a result, take poor Iwa's breath away.

That was a gamble Iwa could make without hesitation. And he would gladly place money on it, with anyone dumb enough not to know how amazing they are.

He knew each of his best friends well enough to be willing to gamble on it. It would be a gamble Iwa knew he would win.

"How long do you reckon they will call us by our first names?" Mattsun interrupted Iwa's thoughts.

"If I'm being honest, I'm surprised they didn't start earlier," Iwa's mouth spoke without knowing what he was saying.

Although, Iwa guessed it wasn't a lie.

The four of them are so close it was more of a surprise to others that there were no couples amongst the friends, and the fact they still used Kawa's nicknames seemed odd to an outsider.

But every time Iwa called one of his friends by that name, he would see their faces when their nicknames were made.

The sun hit him at an exact 57-degree angle, but who knew the exact angle that the sun hit all of his definitely platonic friend's faces when they got nicknames 8 years ago (Kawa was 73 degrees and Mattsun was 112 degrees)?

Makki had the lightest pink tint on his ears, and his smile was slightly shyly behind his Gibble at the time, like most things he would do back then. He looked amazing, making Iwa hate the fact that he needed to continue the bloodline even more.

Mattsun, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. The sun was hitting him from the back making his eyes look like black pearls that Iwa wished to stare at for all eternity. They had the slightest shine to them and Mattsun's smile, which made Iwa fall for them 1 million more times.

And Kawa, the one who gave the nicknames, as he suggested them, had a slight smile that showed off the missing tooth on Kawa's left beside his two middle teeth. He was a lot redder than Makki's ears and his blush was over his whole face. But as per usual, he looked amazing.

"I mean, most people who've known each other as long as we have, and are as close as we have called each other by their first names for many years," Mattsun speaks, dragging Iwa from his brain.

"But others call each other by their last name their whole life," Iwa pointed out.

"I guess that's true," Mattsun shrugged.

The lights all turned off before Iwa could say anything in return, not that he knew what to say.

An announcer came onto the stage, but Iwa couldn't focus on her in the slightest. His mind was filled with thoughts of the skills his two friends could display.

The lady eventually left the stage and Iwa realised he had spent too long in his mind again.

From what Makki told Iwa there were 10 contestants in total, including Kawa and Makki.

That was 8 people outside of the two Iwa wanted to see.

8 people that could not beat the real show. 8 people would return with their heads hung in defeat. 8 people would lose fair and square unless Makki got too anxious.