Chapter 2 - Why?

A/N Thank you to my friend who was my first read (You know who you are, M)

It was a few weeks after Drista's 13th Birthday. She was throwing stones into a lake near her house when she heard a whimper from behind her. She turned around to see a female fox, Drista immediately realized the fox was asking her for help. The fox then ran off, occasionally stopping to make sure Drista was following her, she was. When the fox stopped, Drista saw the problem. There was a coyote circling the female fox's den. The, what Drista assumed was the father fox, was laying in front of the den entrance, bleeding out, growling with his last breath. 

Drista quickly took charge, growling to scare off the coyote, then rushing to help the male fox. She summoned a regeneration potion and a wrap of cloth using her powers, knowing she wasn't supposed to use them. She quickly aided the fox. 

Then, her fate chosen by her kind heart, she whispered a quick goodbye and sorry to Tommy. She was then teleported in front of all of the gods, already knowing the outcome, prepared for the lecture and then the pain both her and twin were destined to feel. Drista was right. The Gods had decided to send her to a "god jail" for 5 years, the worst part was it was a far enough  distance from her twin that both of them would feel the sharp, stinging pain that would dull slowly but last until they were re-united. And what a pain it was.

*Tommy POV*

I was just messing around with Tubbo one day in Pogtopia when it happened. An excruciating pain sent through my chest, followed by images of my twin screaming my name and crying. The pain lasts for what feels like forever (It was only two minutes, according to Wilbur), I look up to see what appears to be a very worried Wilbur and Techno, and Tubbo who looked to be on the verge of a panic attack. "Tommy!" Wilbur exclaimed. "What was that?" I shrugged. Even if I did know how to describe it, I couldn't. Er-I mean Drista and I had sworn to not reveal our secret until we were eighteen and in each other's presence. "I dunno." Techno now looked to be a mix of worry, anger and confusion,"What do you mean, 'I dunno' you looked to be having a heart attack!" Techno yelled. "Deus meus, I mean" I was cut off by a searing feeling sent through my body, as I screamed out in pain. I then realized what it meant. The Gods had stripped me of almost all of my powers, except two.

A/N Bit of a short chapter but I wanted a cliffhanger. So here's a cliffhanger. Also, I think I'm gonna do an explanation chapter. Kinda just to explain a few things about the story. But that's all for now. Bye! Love you!

                                                                       ~Bre