Something very drastic!

Navya Agnihotri

"Where are you?" Mom asked me on call.

"Working. Why? Is everything alright?" I asked and I could hear her sighing. It was as if she wanted to tell me something but didn't want to at the same time.

The last I talked to my mom or dad was like a month ago when the Parag guy's date went downhill. After that my parents haven't stopped. They constantly bring someone to me to meet for marriage.

"Your dad has got your marriage fixed." She said and I dropped the file I had in my hand.

"Just tell me you're kidding." I said absolutely shocked to hear this.

"I am not. And you are being stubborn which is not helping him. Trust me, he wants good for you and you were not at all reacting to all those dates in a positive way." She tried to explain me.

"So, just because he thought I wasn't reacting the way he wanted he went ahead and fixed a marriage alliance for me? Are you guys insane?" I asked irritated.

"I am flying there with the earliest flight I get and I am sure as hell going to tell this shit off!" I yelled.

"Don't raise your voice. And no need to fly we are coming tomorrow morning. The guy is from your city. We need to meet him and his family." Dad said hanging up.

I just banged my phone on the table frustrated.

What the fuck is going on with my life.

"Navya, you a— Rishi said entering my cabin but stopped talking when he looked at me.

"Is everything fine?" He asked. He returned yesterday from his hometown. His mother is facing some medical issues so he was working from home all this while.

"Yeah! Definitely everything is fine. My dad has fixed a marriage for me, Vihaan expects me to give him a chance, I don't know what the fuck is right for me, My parents are being a pain in the ass but yeah everything is fine." I said huffing.

He came towards me and held my shoulders.
"First you should calm down and tell me what's happening? Why are you this frustrated? What do you want?" He asked.

"What do I want? I want to fucking go to himalayas and sit there meditating leaving everything behind. But I'm sure my parents would pop up there too with some marriage alliance!" I yelled.

"I think you should atleast listen to their side." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I just want to be left alone right now." I said and he nodded understanding.

I called Vihaan and he answered in one ring,
"What's wrong?" He asked and I could hear shuffling sounds.

How does he knows something is wrong?

"You never call me when I'm in a meeting. So, I know." He said and I smiled.

I wonder if he was the same since the start how would we be right now?

"I forgot that you were in a meeting. I'm sorry." I said and hung up.

It totally slipped my mind that he was in a meeting.

"Nivi." I heard his voice and I turned towards my cabin door wide eyed.

"You were in a meeting?" I questioned and he walked towards me.

"You didn't sound good. The meeting could be postponed." He said shrugging and walked towards me.

I smiled and quickly ran towards him hugging him. He embraced me and patted my back asking,
"What's wrong?"