»Ideas«

Morrigan's POV:

"Must go. We have only about ten minutes." I said, when we got out from the Wunderground. I ran upstairs to the road and I was almost knocked down by cariage. Jack grabbed my hand, pulled me to the sidewalk and said:
"I don't want to argue. I'm... sorry about that..."
I sighed.
"It's okay. You were right anyway. I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have reacted like that. It was rude from me."
"I don't think it's strange, when we said sorry to each other. Is that normal?" asked Jack and I was lucky, that everything is alright again. I raised my eyebrow.
"At midnight in the library it was strange. But it doesn't matter."
"I think I will leave that stuff with Noelle to you anyway." he muttered under his breath.
"No, I want you to try it. Really! I'm not feeling like doing it."
He shrugged.
"As you want. By the way, what's the time?"
"Almost five. Until we will end with Elders, the unit will be already in the Hometrain. Maybe they will even bring us home!" I said, stepping on to the Proudfoot campus. Fireblossoms were burning with beautiful green and pink flames. The autumn didn't come yet. I pulled him right to the building.
"Crow!" called the familiar voice. We turned right.
"Misstress Murgatroyd, I'm glad to see you, I was just going to..."
"Yes, I'm sure, you were. Welcome Korrapati. Come to the office. Now." said Murgatroyd and made her way back.
"Is she talking to you like this every time?" Jack whispered. I shrugged shortly.
"Heartless." he muttered softly.
In the office were sitting the Elders, Sofia and Connall. I bowed my head to greet the Elders and sat between Sofia and Jack. One chair was empty. Sofia looked at her watches.
"And still missing..."
In that moment the last person stepped to the door.
"Good afternoon, Elders. Sofia, Conall. Miss Crow, didn't see you for a long time. I'm glad to meet you again, Captain Korrapati." Holliday Wu shook her hand in the order with everyone and sat to the free place. I just gave her a little nod. Our last meet wasn't the best one. I will never forget. I felt Jack's hand holding my one.
"Everyone, welcome to this first-planned meeting. Miss Crow, Captain Korrapati, we have a request for you." started Elder Quinn.
"Last half year we were monitoring your activity in the Wunsoc and in the city. We want from you to do the small fightgroup with any focus and character. We will basically allow anything. Any ideas?"
Everyone were looking at me and Jack. Jack bit his lip, but he didn't look very nervous.
"Still a question. Where we can have trainings? And who?"
The Elder Wong spoke:
"In your place I'd suggest someone from society. But don't have more like ten people. You can have some helpers, or spies, but they won't learn anything."
"For a training you can use the Proudfoot rooftop, or one of classes, but it won't be for a long-time." said Elder Saga.
"Noone will ask anything. Holliday will mature in uniforms, and on the news, to don't write about you a lot. However, Miss Wu?" told her Elder Quinn.
"I don't wish our schoolars to solve this again. Captains, I don't want to tell you, what you have and don't have to do. Say your opinions."
"With all due respect, Elder..." spoke the calm voice from the door, where Murgatroyd was standing before. Rook placed her hand to my shoulder protectively.
"... I think, that maybe we should leave a word to Wundersmith and Witness firstly."
"What about join Unit 919 to it? We aren't aged, but we know ourselves." I told Jack.
"Not a bad idea. But... what exactly do you mean with that focus of the fightgroup. We should... Erm... Should we teach them karate?" he wrinkled his nose a little.
"Profesors? What do you recommend?" I asked. Out of Sub-Nine I can't call Sofia and Conall by their names.
"I think, it's a little shock for you, when we just threw you to this like that. Elders, if you don't mind, I think it will be better, when we leave them day-two, to think about it. Then they can come back and say us, what they want. It'll be easier and better." said Sofia and smiled at us. Conall joined her as well.
"I agree with this proposition. Meet tomorrow at the same time and we'll see, with what Wundermith and Witness will come."

›‹›‹›‹

Jack's POV:

"It was a bit..."
"I know. It doesn't matter, we have to get used."
"What do you think about it?"
"Honestly Jack? I have no idea."
This dialogue we had, walking trough the Whinging Woods and to the platform. It was the most beautiful platform, what I've ever seen, but Morrigan just hastily pulled me to the Train 919. Suddenly I found myself in the entrance of the wagon. Everything, what I've seen, was a livingroom and Unit 919 sitting, and looking at their timetables. Among Morrigan's classmates was tall woman with black hair braided in the ponytail, wearing a rainbow sweater. Morrigan greeted:
"Hello everyone!"
The woman stood up.
"Morrigan, what are you doing here?"
"I'm glad to see you again as well, thanks." Morrigan muttered and pulled me by hand.
"This is Jack. Jack, this is Miss Cheery, our conductor."
"How is this possible? He isn't even... well, ya know." Hawthorne interrupted the chat. Cadence glanced at him. He put his hands up apologetically.
"What?"
Miss Cheery absolutely ignored him, gave me a big smile and luckily shook my hand.
"I'm very glad to finally meet you, Captain. Come inside, you both are looking tired."
I hesitated for a moment, then Cadence pointed to the sofa in opposite of her.
"Well, sit down you two."
Morrigan sat down, so I did the same. Lam gave us the tea and glanced at Thaddea.
"Oh c'mon! Don't look at them, as if they have pox."
Thaddea looked away.
"Thanks?" I said uncertainly. Cadence mixed the sugar in her cup.
"It's alright. We Arcane must be on the same side."
"So peach, Captain. What happened?" Miss Cheery started to pry. I knew her maybe for a three minutes, but I liked this optimistic tone.
"Hey, I'm here as well!" said Morrigan. I bowed my head to hide a smirk. Then I raised my gaze.
"Jack is enough, I don't like my 'Captain'. We had some..." I strained the air between my teeth.
"...incident in Gobleian Library. We were there a little bit longer in the night..."
"Little bit? Little bit, Jack?! You know, you didn't sleep from the Friday!" protested Mog. I bit my lip and muttered:
"That's not the point. We just weren't at school. You better tell them about that group."
"What group?" asked Mahir, who was sitting the nearest to me. Morrigan re-told them everything, what we heard in the mistress's office.
"Do you agree? I don't want to press someone to this. If... If someone will refuse, maybe we can find someone else, and..."
"I agree. Whatever you come with, I trust you. You both." said Cadence and put up hand.
"I agree too." raised her hand Lam.
"Mee too." spoke Thaddea.
"And me!" called Hawthorne quickly.
"I am in." said Arch. Thaddea poked at Francis. He bit his lip, but then nodded.
"I won't leave you alone."
Everyone put their hands back down and looked at Anah. She had bowed head and her curls were dropping down to her face. But next, she braided her hair to the ponytail and raised her head.
"I'm in."
In the first moment there was a shocked silent, then Arch started clapping. I joined him, after me Morrigan, and in the order the full unit. Hawthorne even whistled. When everyone went quiet again, I spoke:
"So we have one part."

›‹›‹›‹

When we arrived to the Station 919, we left the Unit 919 and came to Morrigan's room. The black door closed and she sat to the bed, wordless. She sighed deeply, staring at the carpet on the floor. I sat next to her and waited for her to say something. She just rose up again and murmured:
"Today I didn't practice yet." then she stood to the middle of the room, grabbed the glass of water and poured it to the air, just like that. The half liter of fluid stayed in the high of her eyes. She started to form it to the shape of snake. It was curling trough the room and did a circle around me. Then it poured itself back to the glass. Morrigan sighed.
"The Waving I never mastered." she lit all candles in the room, then closed her eyes. I put my eyepatch off. The room was full of gold. Wunder was everywhere around. Morrigan sat back to the bed, playing with strand of living energy, what was twisting between her fingers. I was looking her palm, feeling mesmerized.
"I wanted to show you something." she said. The string has settled in my hand.
"But... I shouldn't touch it. It's impossible!" I said.
"Do something with it, or else she will leave you." she smiled, her eyes sparkling.
I moved my fingers. It was... like being in Cascade Towers. Wunderful.
"How did you...?" I yachted.
"We were training this with Sofia. It's like forming a bridge between people, for un-Wundersmiths to be able to use the Arts. It's faster than learning it alone."
I looked the strand for a moment and then I let it disapear.
"I've got an idea."